So many good things.
Since becoming a blogger, I’ve been exposed to SO many good things.
I get to experience things I would have never experienced – like, touring working farms to see where our food comes from. Like meeting the great grandson of Jim Beam, then getting invited to a private concert to celebrate bourbon. Like jetting off to California and staying at places I’ve only seen on television.
Like being invited to the Greenwich Food & Wine Festival.
Held in Greenwich, CT on October 4-6, it’s a culinary dream come true, just outside of New York City.
You have no idea how excited I am, and how thrilled I am to have a VIP Ticket to this amazing event! Now, I will be there for the Saturday festivities, though I wish I had the time and energy for all three days. I MAY try to sneak in Friday night – as hello? Big Head Todd and the Monsters.
Big Head Todd and the Monsters!
Okay, yeah, great food, great wine. Mingling and jingling. But Big Head Todd?
Saturday though, has me really excited. Foodwise – it can’t be beat. Starting around noon, there will be over 90 food and wine vendors (which I hope serve only 10 calories each, and I feel sure that will be the case). There’s a beer garden. Chef demos. A Burger Battle. BBQ. MORE music.
What a blur. I hope I will be able to Instagram and share ALL of it with you.
But why let ME have all the fun? YOU come too! Tickets are still available for purchase, and you will really be getting a LOT for your money. Not only that, but 100% of the net profits from the event are going straight to The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp. You do know how I adore all things Paul Newman – and this charity of his is a wonderful concept. Now – what will you get in exchange or those tickets?
Take a look!
Thursday, October 4
ULTIMATE WINE EVENING
6:30 – 8:30 p.m. This official weekend kick-off wine lover event will feature elite exclusive wines perfectly paired with gourmet hors d’oeuvres. There will be a very special wine and food themed silent auction.
Friday, October 5
FOOD+WINE GRAND TASTING
6:30 p.m. The festival’s Featured Chefs will serve a most divine menu, elite wineries will serve their top wines and this enchanting evening will include an incredible live performances by the IAN MURRAY BAND and featuring BIG HEAD TODD & THE MONSTERS.
Saturday, October 6
- 12:00 – 5:00 p.m. Culinary Village with grand, savory tastings and intriguing demonstrations will include more than 90 exclusive food, wine and spirit vendors.
- 12:00 – 5:00 p.m. Celebrity Chef & Sommelier Demonstrations and celebrity book signings.
- 12:00 – 10:00 p.m. The Beer Garden
- 3:00 – 8:00 p.m. BBQ Pit Masters presented by JOHN STAGE
- 5:00 p.m. Burger Battle with Celebrity Chef judges
- 5:30 p.m. SOUTHERN BASH with BBQ, and live Bluegrass & Country Music. LIVE Concert Stage will present WILL HODGE and THE FELICE BROTHERS.
- 8:30 p.m. The Headlining Music Performance by GREGG ALLMAN and band.
*Throughout the day, there will also be a Festival VIP Tent equipped with a private lounge, full bar, elite
wines, specialty treats, as well as private restrooms.
The Greenwich 2012 FOOD+WINE FESTIVAL is a charity event. One hundred percent of the net proceeds benefit The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp.
- Culinary Village: The Culinary Village At the heart of the Festival, the Culinary Village Tents will offer grand, savory tastings and intriguing demonstrations from more than 90 exclusive food, wine and spirit stations.
- BBQ Pit Masters’ Tent: The BBQ Pit Masters presented by JOHN STAGE This hot spot is perfect for grilling enthusiasts! Guests will meet grill masters and sample special bites fresh off the grills.
- Celebrity Chef Demo Tent: Watch, learn, and enjoy, as our outstanding line-up of celebrity chefs and guests demonstrate their skills in this intimate setting. GRAHAM ELLIOT, DUFF GOLDMAN, TED ALLEN, JOHN STAGE, JOE CAMPENELLE, and more!
- Concert Stage: LIVE Concert Stage Guests will enjoy incredible musical performances by GREGG ALLMAN, BIG HEAD TODD & THE MONSTERS, THE FELICE BROTHERS, WILL HOGE AND HIS BAND, and THE IAN MURRAY BAND.
- Serendipity VIP Tent: Guests will enjoy this VIP Tent with lounge, full bar, special treats, and mingle with celebrity guests. VIP ticket holders will also have a premiere private area to view the featured musical performance by GREGG ALLMAN. There are also VIP Premiere Bathrooms and VIP Parking.
- Grand Tasting Gala Tent: Wander the elegant clear tent with view of the Long Island Sound as you watch some of the area’s top chefs prepare decadent dinner tastings. Guest will also enjoy some of the world’s finest wines and spirits. Top it off with a special performance by BIG HEAD TODD & THE MONSTERS.
- Book Signings: Books will be available for purchase. Celebrity Chefs will be available to greet, meet and sign their books. Schedule to be announced.
There are tickets available across the spectrum, from Thursday to Saturday; individual events, or the whole shebang. Just Saturday? You can have that for $95. 90 vendors? That’s what? About a buck a vendor? You may as well upgrade to the VIP ticket, like me.
Then tell me you are coming! I hope to see you there!