I love pumpkin season.
Yum. Yum. Yum.
So, this is another week, and another week means another popover.
I’ve made Pumpkin Popovers before…last year. They were wonderful. But there was something more I could do. I could – dare I say it? – make them even better.
I did. I did it.
Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Popovers with Cream Cheese.
A cinnamon swirl and a healthy dollop of cream cheese make everything better.
Trust me on this.
Hopefully you’ll make them this weekend for that lover of yours. Your boyfriend will love them. Or your husband. Or both. Whatever.
I don’t judge.
Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Popovers with Cream Cheese
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbsps brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- pinch nutmeg
- pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 4 Tbsps Softened Butter (for the paste)
- 3 Tbsps Brown Sugar (for the paste)
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon (for the paste)
- Cream Cheese Glaze (to top)
- Divide the butter into the cups of your Pop Over Pan. (If you don’t own one, you can use a muffin tin, but you will need to use all 12 cups. Just divide the butter up evenly) Place the pan in the oven for 3-5 minutes at 375 degrees while you are making the batter.
- In medium bowl, beat the eggs with the milk, pumpkin, sugar, spices and vanilla, then whisk in the flour. Pour the batter into the butter filled cups.
- In separate bowl, combine the softened butter, sugar and cinnamon, making a paste. Place in piping bag or ziploc bag with snipped corner. Squeeze spirals of paste into each muffin tin.
- Return pan to oven for 5 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 350 and continue to bake for another 20 minutes.
- For the Cream Cheese Glaze: Soften about 4 tablespoons butter, 4 ounces of cream cheese, a tablespoon of milk and 3/4 to a cup of powdered sugar. You can use an electric mixer if you want, or a strong whisk, or an egg beater works great. Just get it nice and creamy, then drizzle it on top of each plate of popovers. Enjoy!