You know what’s good?
Putting cut up candy bars in your cookies.
You know what’s better? Adding malt to anything chocolaty.
Malt is incredible. I don’t know why it’s not more popular…but I have a theory. I think people today consider it old-fashioned, like, if their parents drank it at soda fountains back in the 50s, it must be made out of dehydrated dinosaur bones and recycled Four Tops LPs.
I know better.
Thanks to the 15 houses we took Seven to for Halloween (brrr, it was COLD!), we had about 14 times as much candy as he can possibly eat before the stuff expires. We chose to go to the houses away from the crowds, the houses that were terribly excited and overzealous with their doling out of candy. (Don’t steal my idea if you live here. Tssssssskkk!) It was insane, the sheer amount of candy my little vampire collected. So, I scavenged the Kit Kats, chopped them up, and rolled them in to a malty, chocolaty, sea salt topped cookie.
Oh yes I did.
You should, too.
Malted Kit Kat Cookies
- 12 Tablespoons Butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Light Brown sugar (I use Dixie Crystals)
- 3/4 cup Sugar (I use Dixie Crystals)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups less 1 tablespoon All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup malt powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 cup semisweet chips (I used Hershey)
- 1 cup cut up KitKat candy bars
- Sea Salt, to top
- Add butter to sugars and mix well. Add the eggs and vanilla to the batter and mix thoroughly.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl, then add to batter, beating only until combined.
- Add chocolates and Kit Kats to batter, then place mixing bowl in refrigerator for 15 minutes to cool a bit. Preheat oven to 325 while dough chills.
- Place balls of dough on prepared cookie sheet (I highly recommend a SilPat for this), leaving tops quite jagged so that cookies get nice surfaces. Sprinkle with Sea Salt. Bake for 15 minutes, or until just golden brown, for best results.
I chose today to post these cookies because Kit Kat just so happens to be a Hershey company.
And I just so happen to be in Hershey, Pennsylvania as you read this.
Yep…I am one lucky girl.
As part of my JOB, I am forced to shack up at The Hotel Hershey, eat amazing food, test out the famed Chocolate Spa, sample lots of candy, and hang out with fellow bloggers. I’ll also be filming with a camera crew – video and stills.
Video skurrs me a bit. But, fingers crossed I will manage. I mean, a team will be working on my hair and makeup, I have a script, and I am a grown up.
I’m a grown up!
I need some chocolate.
Wish me luck!