Maybe you follow me on Twitter. If you do, thanks. I hope I don’t bore you to tears…I just pretty much say whatever I want, when I want. Sometimes, my filter doesn’t work. Or maybe I don’t actually HAVE a filter.
Whatever. Filters are overrated.
But my point is this: If you follow me on Twitter, you know that I was in California recently with my friends at Dole.
Dole is an easy company to love. Fresh fruits, vegetables, great snacks for the kids…what’s not to like? I’ve never heard a single person say anything negative about such a healthy bunch of products. And Dole? They do things right. They go into underprivileged countries, build communities, and change lives for the better. This is especially true when it comes to products like bananas.
I don’t need to tell you how great bananas are. You know this. You know they are excellent sources of potassium. You know that they are kid friendly. That they are easy to transport, easy to eat, easy to digest. But did you know you can rub the peel on your poison ivy or bug bites and it relieves the itching? Did you know the peel can polish your teeth or shoes? Did you know you can grill a banana until it is virtually black, and place it on a graham cracker and piece of chocolate for a s’more like you’ll never believe?
And, did you know there is a machine called Yonanas that turns frozen bananas (and other fruits, should you choose) into a creamy, dreamy sorbet or sorts? There is. We were introduced to this incredible machine one day at lunch, and I was seriously surprised at the results. I combined a banana and raspberries, sent it through the machine, and a few seconds later I had a delicious dessert that rivals any ice cream I’ve ever eaten. How awesome is that?
Pretty darned awesome.
These are all things I learned at Disneyland, at the Dole Banana Summit. I’m a lucky girl.
Now, maybe you are wondering what some of the cool things were that I got to do while I was in California? I mean, I did go to Disneyland, after all. So of course, cool things transpired. Let me bulletpoint this out for you.
- Paula made the Front Desk at the Grand Californian Hotel give us connecting rooms. I didn’t have a moment’s peace. Not one. But, she’s my bestie, so, I guess that’s allowed, and can be considered cool. So, there’s that. I also got to hang out with my lovely friend Brandi, as well as Bree, who got me addicted to very expensive makeup.
Sephora is probably writing her love letters as I type this.
- I got to finally meet Brooke of Cheeky Kitchen, a true doll.
- I got to reconnect with Jenny, Amanda, Maria, Gina, Tina, Lauren, Shari, and Julie. That’s always good.
- I got to ride on the Cars ride at Disneyland – how fun!! We raced through Radiator Springs, just like in the movie!
- I experienced the Enchanted Tiki Room, a very loved and nostalgic feature at Disney. It’s actually sponsored by Dole, and has been for many years. I also got my very own Dole Whip…delicious!
- An unbelievable dinner was had at Carthay Circle Restaurant, fine dining ONSITE, which is rare in a theme park. The menu was inventive and delicious, and if I have the chance to go back, you can bet your butt I will. Everything was delicious!
In case you want to meet all of the Dole Banana Bloggers – here you go!
* Gina of SkinnyTaste.com
* Jenny of Picky-Palate.com
* Kevin and Amanda of KevinandAmanda.com
* Maria and Josh of TwoPeasAndTheirPod.com
* Shaina of FoodForMyFamily.com
* Lauren of LaurensLatest.com
* Brooke or CheekyKitchen.com
* Bree of BakedBree.com
* Shari of TickledRed.com
* Paula of Bellalimento.com
* Shanna of MyFavoriteEverything.com
* Kathy of LunchBoxBunch
Okay, enough about ME and how much fun I had at the Dole Banana Summit. I want YOU to have something, too.
You want this, you DO. Your children want this. Your friends. Everyone wants this, they just don’t know it yet.
In goes a frozen banana, some berries, cream cheese, chocolate – whatever – out comes creamy, dreamy sorbet like deliciousness.
I can’t make this stuff up, folks.
Just leave me a comment, letting me know you want to win. Bam – you are entered.
For more chances to win, do any (or all) of the following, just be sure to leave a separate comment for each item you do:
- Tweet a link to this post on Twitter
- Share this post on Facebook
- Become a Fan of Doughmesstic on Facebook
- Follow Dole Bananas on Twitter
- Become a Fan of Dole Bananas on Facebook (they have a Banana Tip EVERY DAY!)
There you go – 6 chances to win a great, healthy prize!
Contest is open until November 24, 2012, 11:59pm EST. Prize is courtesy of Dole. Open to US Addresses only. Winner will be notified via email.
Disclaimer: I was invited on this trip courtesy of Dole. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.