If you’re going to have breakfast, have BREAKFAST.
You all know how much I like popovers, and for good reason. They are so quick, so easy, and I always have the main ingredients to make them. Plus, adaptable? Holy yes. Add chocolate, or add fruit, add peanut butter or flavorings. Or, make them savory by adding hashbrowns and sausage, cheeses, herbs. Totally changeable, totally delicious.
These popovers you can make with your mini muffin pan, and I know a lot of you are going to be fans of that. Yes, I know I own 3 different official popover pans, but I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again now – you DO NOT NEED ONE. You can use a muffin pan! I’ve found the results are ever bit as tasty, though they do look a bit different. The taste is what matters though.
What matters with THIS recipe is that, well, look at them. Chocolate Covered Strawberries. For breakfast. They are divine hot out of the oven, so that the chocolate gets a little melty, but if you wanted to cart these off for a brunch or potluck, you totally could. Being bite-sized is a beautiful thing.
Give them a go – you won’t be sorry.
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Popover Bites
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 strawberries, capped
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 375. Prepare a mini muffin pan with non-stick baking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine milk, eggs, sugar and vanilla. Beat until well combined. Whisk in flour and salt until smooth. Pour batter evenly into all 12 mini muffin cavities.
- Bake at 375 for 5 minutes, then reduce heat to 350. Allow to bake an additional 10 minutes, or until puffed and golden.
- While popovers bake, dip strawberries into melted chocolate and allow to dry on wax paper.
- Remove popovers from oven, fill each with a chocolate covered berry. Serve and enjoy.