I am pretty sure that waffles should be eaten for every meal, and not only every meal, but every section of a meal.
Not just breakfast.
Lunch, appetizers, main course, dessert. Heck, sandwich course. I love them, and they are SO adaptable. You can make them sweet or savory, whatever you prefer.
Embrace the waffle.
Take, for example, these Lemon Coconut Dessert Waffles.
Why spend time making cake when you have a waffle iron? Use a cake mix, like I used this Krusteaz Lemon Cake Mix, and in no time, you’ll have a dessert that is both impressive and delicious and EASY. I developed this one as part of my Krusteaz Baker’s Dozen Ambassadorship..and I LOVED this recipe. Slice up some fresh berries, add whipped cream..you have a jazzy Strawberry Shortcake with attitude.
No one has to know it was so easy. I won’t tell.
Coconut Lemon Dessert Waffles
makes 3 large waffles (10-12 servings)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 2-3 minutes per waffle
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1 Krusteaz Meyer Lemon Pound Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup Coconut Water (or plain water)
- 10 tablespoons melted butter
- Large sugar crystals, if desired
- Included Glaze, prepared as directed on box
1. Combine pound cake mix, milk, water, and butter. Mix until smooth.
2. heat waffle iron per manufacturer’s instructions. Spray iron with non stick spray, then sprinkle with sugar crystals, if using. Scoop batter into center of iron (batter will be thick). Cook in iron until lightly golden. Remove and repeat with remaining batter.
3. Pour glaze over waffles when ready to serve.
Disclaimer: As mentioned, I am an ambassador for Krusteaz. All thoughts and opinions are my own.