Can you fathom that it is almost Christmas? Like, in only a few days?
And here I am, in Munich, Germany, typing this recipe for you on a computer where the letters are all in the wrong place, and I can’t find the delete button for the numerous occasions I keep typing a Z instead of a Y. Why would those letters be changed on a German computer?
What I really want to do is find a reason to use the ß symbol. It has become my son Seven’s favorite letter since we arrived – but of course, he says it as if it is some bizarre twangy B.
But let’s talk about these Peppermint Marshmallow Holiday Brownies, shall we?
Or should I say…ßrownies.
I created these simple simple simple brownies using…a MIX. Don’t keel over folks. You know how great mixes can be, especially for brownies. And these start with Pillsbury’s new Purely Simple line, which takes us back to the simplest ingredients. Nothing fussy, just good. No colors, no preservatives, no artificial flavors.
I took the Chocolate Chunk Brownie mix as is, but added in a little vanilla, a little mint, and a bunch of peppermint candies. Then? Topped them off with gooey little marshmallows. For fun, I made mine in little tree shapes, which you can do one of two ways: a tree shaped pan (duh), or, using a cookie cutter and a regular pan. Either way the result is delicious, and the kids think it’s genius, and in turn, YOU get to be the genius.
Happy Holidays. You deserve it, Genius.
Peppermint Marshmallow Brownies
- 1 Box Purely Simple Pillsbury Brownie Mix, with ingredients as directed
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract
- 1 cup (6 oz.) York Peppermint Pattie Bites (or an equal weight of patties), chopped into bits
- 1 cup mini peppermint marshmallows
- Center a rack in the oven and preheat the oven to 325 F. Spray 8×8 baking pan and set aside.
- Prepare Pillsbury brownie mix as directed. Add the vanilla and mint and whisk only until incorporated. Switch to a rubber spatula and fold in the peppermint pieces. Scrape the batter into the pan and smooth the top with the rubber spatula.
- Bake the brownies for 30 to 33 minutes for 8×8 pan, or until the top is dull and a thin knife inserted into the center comes out almost clean.)
- Allow to cool and cut into desired shapes. Sprinkle with peppermint or regular marshmallows, pop into preheated oven only until barely softened. Serve and enjoy! (Alternately, sprinkle with marshmallows just out of oven, then return to oven for a quick heating before cutting into squares.
Now, maybe me telling you about this new Pillsbury line is news. Good! It’s good news! You can check out more of their line here. Everything from the brownie mix to cakes to even ICING. Check it out!
Now…y’all go and have a wonderful holiday! Tomorrow I am off to Rome for a few days before heading home to the States, then immediately off to Texas to ring in the New Year. So many exciting things I can’t wait to share with all of you!
Disclaimer: I was sponsored by Pillsbury for my creation of this recipe. All thoughts and opinions are my own.