I have a skinny kid.
I am NOT a skinny kid.
However, I am hovering in the 40 year old mark, and both my growing kiddo and I need calcium. It’s true. We all need it, if we want healthy bones.
I’m going to tell you a secret.
I thought that crap I used to hear grown ups say about their aches and pains was a bunch of blah. Achy knees? Come on now. Why would they ache? Why would your hips just HURT? Why would you be tired, just because you’re over 35 years old?
Oh My Gahhh, people. It’s so not like when we were 20 somethings. When you’re 23, and your knee hurts, it’s because you banged it mountain biking, and it WILL GET BETTER. When you’re 40, and your knees hurt? It’s because you are old, and it is NOT GOING TO GET BETTER. Today you feel as good as you are EVER going to feel ever ever ever again.
I think my eyes are leaking.
Anyway – enough of that. You CAN combat a bit of old age by getting the nutrients you need to keep those old bones healthy though, and at the same time, serve your kids the same nutrients. Like with TruMoo.
I became a fan of TruMoo a few years ago, when Seven was old enough to ask for what he really wanted – and he adores milk, especially chocolate milk. Why not let him have it?
It is sooo good.
Chocolate milk reminds me of growing up, opening those impossibly glued milk cartons during lunch, and watching about 72 percent of my friends get covered in it because they continually opened the carton from the wrong side.
SO, when TruMoo sent me an email asking if I would share their new TruMoo Calcium Plus Chocolate Milk with you, of course I said yes! We already love it, so sharing is a no brainer! Like regular TruMoo, TruMoo Calcium Plus chocolate milk contains no high fructose corn syrup, no artificial growth hormones and no artificial sweeteners – but with 50% more calcium per serving than regular low-fat white milk. Good stuff, right? I feel good about giving Seven a drink like this in the morning, at lunch, or really, any time of day. Me? I drink it in the name of calcium, NOT because it tastes like a treat. Of course not.
What IS a treat though?
A Cookies and Cream Chocolate Milkshake. Hey…I’ll do what it takes to get that calcium, friends. I will take one for the team.
Okay, I kid, I kid. But if you’re going to have a milkshake, why not let it be a great one, and get some nutrients out of it? What good is life with no special treats?
I like treats.
You like treats.
Let’s have a treat.
Cookies and Cream Chocolate Milkshake
- 12 ounces TruMoo Calcium Plus Chocolate Milk
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup chocolate wafer cookies
- chocolate syrup
- whipped cream, if desired
- chocolate shavings, if desired
- cherries, if desired
Combine TruMoo, ice cream, and cookies in a blender. Blend until smooth. Garnish with chocolate syrup, whipped cream, shavings, and cherry. Serve immediately.
TruMoo & Calcium
According to the National Institute of Health, boys ages 9-13, girls ages 9-18, women over 50, and men over 70 are failing to meet their daily calcium requirements from diet alone. Incorporating foods and drinks rich in calcium, like TruMoo Calcium Plus, can help meet essential calcium needs. Here are some other interesting facts…
- One in two women and up to one in four men over the age of 50 will break a bone due to osteoporosis. Meeting daily calcium needs by consuming foods rich in calcium, like low-fat dairy, yogurt and fortified cereal, can help prevent osteoporosis.
- Peak bone mass occurs between the ages of 18 and 25. The more bone you have at the time of peak bone mass, the less likely you are to break a bone or get osteoporosis later in life. This is why it is essential that children and teens meet their daily requirements for calcium and vitamin D, which help build strong, healthy bones. Adults also need calcium to maintain bone mass.
- Calcium does a lot more than just build healthy bones. It is one of the most essential nutrients for our body, playing an important role in nerve function, blood clotting, and muscle contraction.
- Our bodies cannot produce new calcium, so it is important to eat and drink foods rich in calcium. When we don’t get enough calcium for our body’s needs, it is taken from our bones.
Chocolate Milk is a Nutrient Powerhouse: TruMoo Calcium Plus provides eight essential nutrients – potassium, protein, vitamins A, D, and B12, riboflavin and phosphorus, and that extra boost of calcium.
Chocolate Milk Helps Build Bone Mass: Peak bone mass occurs between the ages of 18 and 25; the more bone you have at the time of peak bone mass, the less likely you are to break a bone or get osteoporosis later in life. Consuming foods and drinks rich in calcium, like TruMoo Calcium Plus milk, can help build strong, healthy bones and prevent osteoporosis.
Chocolate Milk is a Great Workout Recovery Drink: Compared to juice, water or some sports drinks, chocolate milk has double the carbohydrate and protein content, which is ideal for replenishing tired muscles. Its high water content replaces fluids and electrolytes that are lost during exercise. And unlike water or sports drinks, TruMoo Calcium Plus chocolate milk packs the additional benefit of calcium and includes just the right amount of sodium and sugar – which may help you stay hydrated longer and regain energy.
For more information about TruMoo Calcium Plus and other TruMoo milk varieties, please visit www.TruMoo.com.
Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by TruMoo. All thoughts and opinions are my own.