I love dinners that take only a few minutes to make.
That’s right…a few minutes.
Sure, there are days when I want to drag our Julia Child’s Mastering the Art of French Cooking and set out on a roasted chicken endeavor, but those days are hard to come by. Four hours to make dinner?
But 20 minutes? I have 20 minutes. In fact, 20 minutes is less time then it takes to get into the car, drive out of the village walls, pass the Target, and circle some drive through.
I have worked before with Al Fresco brand chicken products, so I was thrilled when they asked to partner up again, this time along with Minute Rice. Could I create a simple and quick dinner combining these two brands?
Well, yeah. Minute Rice is the fastest, easiest rice there is – boil water, add rice, 5 minutes late, you are done. And Al Fresco has so many great products these days, from Chicken Meatballs to Chicken Burgers to Chicken Sausage, it’s a breeze to create a dinner in no time flat.
I chose to combine the White Rice from Minute Rice with Garlic Chicken Sausage, a lot of peppers, some onions, zucchini, and pineapples. Not only does everything cook up quickly and full of flavor, but it’s also VERY inexpensive. You can feed a family this dinner for less than $10. All that flavor for about $2per person? Sign me up! It’s even less if you utilize your garden to harvest the peppers, onion and zucchini.
I love all of the fresh ingredients and how they contribute to this dish, but the ease of preparation is the start here. Simply chop up the veggies, slice the sausage, get it sizzling. In your rice pot, add half water and half pineapple juice, then prepare the Minute Rice. Don’t forget to toss in a little butter and pineapple chunks to your sausage pan…it really kicks it up!
Another great thing about this easy dish is that you can add all of the heat you wish. Want it super spicy? Add in a few jalapenos, or sriracha, or cayenne pepper. Hot not your thing? Add extra garlic powder or fresh herbs. It’s a very versatile dish, and one I think you’ll be recreating often!
Pineapple and Peppers Sausage and Rice
- 1 package al fresco Garlic Chicken Sausage, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 red peppers, chopped
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 can pineapple chunks (juice reserved)
- 2 cups Minute Rice
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Over medium heat, combine sausage, butter, onions and peppers. Stir fry for 5-7 minutes. Add zucchini and chunks of pineapple. Reduce heat and season as desired.
- In a separate pot, combine 1/2 cup pineapple juice with 1 1/2 cups water and bring to a boil. Add Minute Rice, stir, cover, and remove from heat. Rice will be ready in 5 minutes.
- When rice is ready, remove to serving dish and top with stir fried sausage and vegetables. Serve and enjoy.
For more information on Al Fresco and Minute Rice
Vote for your favorite al fresco and Minute® Rice recipe for a chance to win $1,000!
With al fresco and Minute® Rice, no one ever said you have to choose between fast and fantastic. Fabulous, healthy and delicious meals can be created in just minutes, giving you the time and freedom to catch up on those gossip magazines or your summer glow. Be sure to look out for specially marked packages of al fresco and Minute® Rice at a grocer near you for recipes and coupons!
About Minute Rice
Minute® Rice is quick and easy to prepare and is a great pantry staple. Minute® Rice is a go-to ingredient your whole family will love. We help (or do) with the cooking so the rice consistently turns out right.
There are 3 different varieties of Minute Rice for your family to enjoy:
- You can have great-tasting, fluffy white rice in just 5 minutes with Minute® White Rice. It’s easy to prepare and is the foundation to any wholesome meal.
- If you like the nutty, rich flavor of brown rice, Minute 100% Whole Grain Brown Rice is a delicious, nutritious option, as it has similar nutritional values as regular long cooking brown rice, but is ready in just 10 minutes, - ¼ the time!! Both Minute Brown and White Rice are gluten free and non GMO, too.
- Minute® Multi-Grain Medley is a blend of four gluten-free, 100% whole grains, all non GMO including long grain brown rice, Thai red rice, wild rice and quinoa and it conveniently cooks in 10 minutes. Plus, Minute® Multi-Grain Medley comes in pre-portioned bags, making it even easier to prep for your family.
About al fresco
al fresco all natural offers more than 30 flavorful and healthy chicken products ranging from dinner and breakfast sausage to meatballs, chicken burgers and chicken bacon. al fresco is the #1 better-for-you chicken sausage brand in the U.S. All of al fresco products have at least 50% less fat than traditional pork and beef products, are 100% all natural and delicious. There are no artificial ingredients, no preservatives, no nitrates or nitrites, no MSG and gluten free. Whether for breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack time – when you eat al fresco, you eat better. al fresco all natural is manufactured by Kayem Foods, Inc. For more information, visit the alfrescoallnatural.com.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by al fresco and Minute Rice. All thoughts and opinions are my own.