|Outrageous Dark Chocolate Chunk Brownie Bites with Marshmallows & Dark Chocolate Drizzle|
The other day I was trolling around Facebook and noticed an update from Susan of She’s Becoming DoughMessTic about needing people to help her out with guest posting. I figured I’d toss my name in the hat. The criteria was simple – "something fattening, think butter, or sugar, or just plain ridiculous". That was a challenge I figured I could live up to. After all, I had this brownie concept rolling around in my brain and needed to get it out….and to eat a few in the process. So I emailed Susan and low and behold she was intrigued by my brownie dream. So here it is. My very first guest post in all it’s dark chocolaty, buttery deliciousness.
Outrageous Dark Chocolate Chunk Brownie Bites with Marshmallows & Dark Chocolate Drizzle
- 1 cup butter
- 4 one-ounce squares of baking chocolate
- 1 tablespoon dark chocolate cocoa, sifted
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chunks, such as Nestle’s
- 1 package miniature marshmallows
- cooking spray
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350. Spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- 2. Melt butter and baking chocolate in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat until melted, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat and add the sifted cocoa powder and sugar and mix well. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well with a whisk after each addition. Add the vanilla and mix well. Add the flour, baking powder, salt & chocolate chunks and stir with a rubber spatula until just incorporated. Do not overmix.
- 3. Using a 1 teaspoon hinged scoop, fill each muffin cup about 3/4 full. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the center springs back when touched.
- 4. Remove from oven and place 4 miniature marshmallows on each brownie bite. Return to the oven for another 3 minutes, or until the marshmallows puff up. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Dark Chocolate Drizzle
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate cocoa
- 2 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
1. In a small bowl add the powdered sugar and dark cocoa powder and mix with a whisk to combine. Set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Remove from heat and add the sugar mixture, alternating with the milk. Mix well and add the vanilla. Drizzle over the cooled brownie bites.
Note from Doughmesstic – Thanks so much!! This is a brownie that is right up my alley, and I’m sure everyone LOVES it! I hope you’ll come back and post again sometime!