I am a creature of habit. Change? I say I love it…and I kind of do. But it’s also just not something I am very good at implementing myself.
Even with pasta.
As an ambassador for Dreamfields Pasta, I am often challenged with a new recipe to create using pasta. You’d think that’s easy, but, well, for me…notsomuch. When I think of pasta, my mind immediately goes Italian. Pesto. Marinara. Alfredo.
But not this time, kiddos.
Changing up pasta is scary for me, but I was inspired by my recent trip to Dole and the massive amounts of pineapple in my kitchen to whip up something a little different – a little – islandy. So, a quick inventory of the fridge and cabinets led me to chicken, green pepper, pineapple, soy, ginger, carrots, and Dreamfields Angel Hair.
Winner, winner, chicken dinner.
I am SO pleased with this recipe! It’s quick, it’s insanely healthy (no heavy sauces, no butter, no cheeses or creams), and it is 100 percent different than what I typically make. Jon and I both really enjoyed it. It’s rich and flavorful, but crowdpleasing at the same time, because it’s not too hot (you can spice it up if you like but I went mild). Just…deliciousness.
I do hope you will try it – I am so proud of it!
Hawaiian Islands Chicken Pasta
- Serves 8
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 pound box Dreamfields Angel Hair Pasta
- 1.5 pounds Chicken Breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons Ground Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Poppy Seeds
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 1 medium Sweet Onion, diced
- 1 Green Pepper, chopped
- 3 Carrots, thinly sliced
- 20 ounce can Pineapple Chunks, reserve the juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- Place water on to prepare pasta. While water is heating, brown chicken pieces in a large stir fry pan or wok in a tablespoon of oil. As you saute, add sesame oil, garlic powder, ginger, poppy seeds, and salt and pepper.
- Add pasta to boiling water and prepare according to box directions.
- Once chicken has lightly browned, add onion, green pepper, carrots, pineapple chunks, and 1/4 cup pineapple juice. Stirfry until vegetables are tender, about 8 minutes.
- While vegetables are cooking, combine 1/2 cup pineapple juice, cornstarch, and soy sauce. Whisk until smooth.
- One pasta is finished cooking, add noodles to stirfry pan and top with the pineapple/soy sauce. Stir in pan for one minute; serve hot.
Healthy Pasta Month
We are at it again!
Dreamfields and a few of my favorite bloggers have teamed up to deliver a MONTH owrth of healthy and delicious pasta recipes! We will be coming at you two times per week, so stay tuned to the Dreamfields Facebook Page for links, and Twitter for all kinds of fun!
Not only will we be having a Twitter party soon with lots of giveaways and dinner ideas, all of us are giving away a CASE of Dreamfields Pasta on our posts – so you can enter on each of the blogs for a chance to win some incredible pasta! You can start by entering to win a case HERE, on THIS post.
- Just comment here letting me know you’d like to win. That’s all you need to do!
- If you’d like a second chance, just follow Dreamfields on Twitter, then return here and let me know you did. That’s all you need to do!
- Want a third chance? PIN a picture from this post, and again, leave me a separate comment letting me know you did. There you have it! Three chances to win a case of Dreamfields! Good Luck!
Disclaimer: This post and giveaway is sponsored by Dreamfields. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Contest open until March 1, 2014 at 11:59pm EST. Winner will be notified via email address provided in Comments. US addresses only, please. Good luck!