Okay, for the past few months I have been working closely with Arm & Hammer, reviewing a few of their products, sampling a few goodies, and of course, using their famous baking soda in my baked goods.
Sure, I also have a box sitting in my fridge, absorbing odors. Everyone knows you should so this. Sure, I know that Arm & Hammer added to my toothbrush helps kill more germs, helps me have a brighter smile. Sure, I know you can add a bit to the mop water for cleaning the floors.
But here’s what I DID NOT KNOW.
In the Dishwasher
– You can sprinkle a bit in the bottom of the dishwasher to get rid of that nasty “old food” smell. You know the smell. Yuck. Nice to know!
Gross Pots & Pans
– Don’t scrub! Just shake on some Arm & Hammer, add some detergent and hot water, wait 15 minutes, and then just wash. You won’t believe how great of a job it does!
Watercolors for Painting
– Kids will LOVE this! To make your own watercolors, just stir together 2 tablespoons of Arm & Hammer, 2 tablespoons of flour, 2 teaspoons of sugar, 2 tablespoons of water and 1 packet of dry, unsweetened drink mix (like Kool-Aid) until the fizzing stops, and voila! Instant paints! Seven is a painting freak (okay, maybe he gets that from me, I did go to art school, after all) but wow – I love how easy this is to whip up. Faster than going to the store for sure!
– Sprinkle Arm & Hammer on your carpets (we have pets, so – gross). Wait 15 minutes, then vacuum to eliminate odors. Yes!!
– Okay, I LOVE this idea! Homemade modeling clay! 2 cups of baking soda, 1 cup of cornstarch, and 1 1/4 cups of cold water (and some food coloring, if you so choose) are all it takes to whip up hours of fun! Simply stir the dry ingredients together, then add the water and coloring. Cook over medium heat for about 10-15 minutes, or until it looks kind of like mashed potatoes. Stir constantly! Remove from heat and cover with a damp cloth until the clay is cool to the touch – then create!! You can leave the creations out to dry for 8 hours to harden, or, place in a preheated (but turned off) oven for 10 to 15 minutes to dry. Hours of fun! Check out Seven’s Snowman!
So…don’t say I never taught you anything! Now you have lots of things to keep yourself and the kiddos busy during this (oh my gosh!) long Holiday Break!
You can find TONS of great uses for Arm & Hammer on their site – plus, you can add your own cool uses as well. Go check it out – I think you’ll be surprised how many things you can do with this versatile product!
• One ARM & HAMMER Seasonal Savings Gift Pack which includes a $100 Visa Gift Card for purchasing more ARM & HAMMER
• Two to Three (2-3) ARM & HAMMER products ** 2-3 products featured in the giveaway picture will be provided to winner based on product availability. Featured products include: ARM & HAMMER™ Sensitive toothpaste, from the makers of Orajel™, Spinbrush: ProClean Sonic, Tooth Tunes™, ARM & HAMMER™ Ultra Power 4X Liquid Laundry Detergent, ARM & HAMMER™ Baking Soda, ARM & HAMMER™ Simply Saline™ Nasal Relief, ARM & HAMMER™ Double Duty Clumping Litter
So how do you win? You Comment! Let me know in a comment that you’d like to win, and you are entered! If you’;; tweet or share a link to this post on Twitter or Facebook, then return here and leave me a separate comment letting me know you did, you gain a second entry! Good luck!
For More Information on Arm & Hammer
o Share and connect on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/armandhammer
o Visit ARM & HAMMER’s website to explore ARM & HAMMER products, tips and hints, FAQs, and consumer reviews: http://www.armandhammer.com/
o Where to buy ARM & HAMMER products: http://www.armandhammer.com/Products/WhereToBuy.aspx
o Sign Up for the ARM & HAMMER Savings Center (coupons, etc.): http://www.armandhammer.com/Resources/
Disclaimer – This post and giveaway are sponsored by Arm & Hammer. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Contest open to US Addresses only. Entries welcome until January 6, 2014 at 11:59pm EST. Winner will be notified via email address provided.