UPDATE: This giveaway is now CLOSED. The winner was : Josie! Josie commented I’m making your Kahlua Chocolate chip cookies! – Congratulations, Josie, I have emailed you!! Thanks to EVERYONE WHO ENTERED TO WIN -STAY TUNED- I will have more giveaways in the future!!
Told you I’d be back.
Look for things here at DoughMessTic to be in full swing from here on out! And, to start the festivities off right, I thought I’d throw a sweet giveaway at you as well as a drink my husband has recently claimed as ‘The Best Beverage Ever.” Ever? (And he’s quite the beverage taker-inner, too, so that means something, people!)
So, which do you want to hear about first? The Giveaway, or the Drink?
Okay, okay. The Giveaway. How does a $250 AMAZON Gift Card Sound? I thought about picking out a nice food processor, or a mixer, or 14 toasters for you, but then I decided what the hey? Why not let YOU decide? So, that’s what it is – $250 from me to you to spend on any ol’ thing you fancy. Maybe you’ve had your eye on some killer thumbtacks, a Ouija Board, every book by Nicolas Sparks, and the complete Nip/Tuck Series on Blu-Ray. Well, now you can have it! Just click through to enter to win! (And find out about that DRINK!)
First up, the beverage. Beyond simple, but no one seems to know it. It’s basically Countrytime Lemonade. The powder. I guess you could go to the trouble of juicing a bunch of lemons, but when you are dying of thirst or just itching to get your drunk on, squeezing citrus may not be what you had in mind. And besides that, I’m lazy. So, here’s what you do…
- 5 scoops Countrytime Lemonade Mix
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 quart watermelon puree or juice
- 1 quart water
- Tequila, if desired
Cut up and seed your watermelon, (or, if lazy like me, use a seedless watermelon, which I thought were actually very sweet and delicious this summer, unlike previous years. But anyway…) Place the melon in a food processor or blender and puree for several minutes. Pour the puree through a metal strainer. If you have less than a quart, make up the difference with water, if more than a quart, just use less water. Add the lemonade powder, the water, the sugar and the lemon juice, and stir thoroughly. Add Tequila to taste – too much was not enough according to my husband. You be the judge. Garnish with slice of melon, if desired.
Did I love this drink? I did! And, I even found myself loving the tequila version, even though I am not good at drinking and I tend not to want to do things I am not good at. It was so refreshing and tasted like summer SHOULD taste! I’ve heard from several folks that this drink will be a staple in their tailgating repertoire, so, look out football fans, especially those in the Blacksburg, Virginia area.
Now, the giveaway. I’m going to make it uber easy on you. What I want is more Facebook “Fans” (or is it “likers”??) Either way, I want them. I’m greedy. SO – here’s your chance to help me out and help yourself out to that Ouija Board Thumbtack Prize Pack…
- FAN me on Facebook. It’s easy, click the sidebar over there where it says something about Facebook. if you already do, just leave me a comment that says you do.
- For another chance to win, shout out on your OWN Facebook page the link to this post, encouraging your friends to join in on the action. Then return here to tell me you did. That counts as a second entry, as long as you leave a SEPARATE COMMENT.
- Not everyone has a Facebook Account, but they do use Twitter. If you follow me on Twitter, tell me you do, and leave a THIRD Comment. If you don’t follow me, try it. You might like it. Just be sure to leave another comment.
- Fourth entry? Tweet this link. Again, return to tell me you tweeted. I’m not psychic, and my Ouija Board is buried in the linen closet.
- Fifth Entry – Become a friend over there on the sidebar where it says “Google Friend Connect.” Then comment. Again.
Five entries is enough for now. I guarantee you though, I will be Tweeting a special code for at LEAST a 6th entry, and probably Facebooking a secret entry too, so be sure you ACTUALLY DO FOLLOW ME! Because I intend to have these secret entries, all comments will remain hidden until the end of the giveaway, which will be September 7th at 12am EST. Good Luck!!