It’s almost Memorial Day. Scary, I know. Pools will be opening this weekend. Men will show up in funny shorts and knock golf balls around the links. There will be cookouts. Lots and lots of cookouts. It’s always a dilemma, deciding what to take to a cookout, don’t you think? Potato Salad? Brownies? A watermelon? Hot dogs? Pasta Salad?
Pasta Salad. That’s what you need this year…and boy do I have the recipe for you. I guarantee no one else in your party is going to show up with this particular salad, but they are all going to ask you for the recipe before you leave with a half licked pasta dish. I personally love pretty much ANY pasta salad, but I have to say – this ranks right up there with my all time favorites…and I’ve been eating a LOT of pasta salad as of late, as I’ve been photographing several pasta salad recipes for Dreamfields. I know – tough job, right?
I highly recommend this fresh and flavorful pasta salad…I think it will be a big hit at your upcoming get-together!
Summer Pasta Broccoli Salad
- 1 box Dreamfields Rotini
- 1 cup mayonnaise (light or regular)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 cups chopped, raw broccoli (about 1-inch pieces)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup roasted, unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup crumbled, cooked bacon
- 1/4 cup diced red onion or sliced green onion
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water until completely cooled; drain again. Place in large bowl.
2. Meanwhile, for dressing, in small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar; set aside.
3. Add broccoli, cheese, sunflower seeds, bacon and onion to pasta. Toss to combine. Add dressing; toss until coated. Refrigerate, covered, until chilled, at least 1 hour. Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes before serving.
Recipe courtesy of the Dreamfields Website. Click Here for Nutritional Information.