Pineapple Barbeque Chicken Wings belong at ANY tailgate party.
It’s almost tailgating season. Ahhh…fall. Football. Grilling in a field. Cool air, hoodies, and…football. Did I say football already? Yes. Football.
For a girl, I am all about game day. College football, though – I’m not really into the NFL. Except for my baby, Colt McCoy. Sweet little thing, all grown up now. I hope he sees some playing time with the Redskins, I do. But I also love seeing his starting quarterback, RG3, running around with his shirt off that man is a machine oh my sweet Jesus making plays like he’s a wizard.
But that’s just art of it. Football requires food.
Finger foods, like Pineapple Barbeque Chicken Wings.
Standing up and munching all day long food. Foods that the calories don’t even count because hello? They never touched an actual plate. That’s the good stuff.
Like these chicken wings. Pineapple Barbeque Chicken Wings. A kicky, sweet, perfect complement to some salty smoked or deep fried wings, this sauce is easy and ever so flavorful. A twist on the standard BBQ sauce, it just zings. Try it! Just toss your cooked wings (baked, fried, smoked, you choose) in a big bowl of the sauce, and voila – all done. I bet you won’t be able to keep your hands off them! (But hands off McCoy. He’s mine. Not kidding.)
Pineapple Barbeque Sauce
Makes 2 ½ cups
Looking for a way to change up your typical barbeque sauce? The addition of pineapple makes this recipe a real winner, full of island flavor and a treat for the tastebuds!
- 2 cups Pineapple Juice
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 3 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 cup Ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon Molasses
- 3 Tablespoons Light Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
1. In a medium saucepot, combine pineapple juice, ginger, garlic, and chili powder. Bring to a low boil, stirring occasionally. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Add vinegar, ketchup, molasses and brown sugar, stirring to combine. Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for 20 minutes, stirring as needed. Season with salt and pepper as desired. Allow to cool before using. Keep refrigerated until needed.