I like easy things.
I especially like easy things that are delicious.
Whoopie Pies are delicious.
Now – Whoopie Pies, or rather, Devil’s Food Holiday Whoopie Pies, are both…easy AND delicious.
This is all thanks to Pillsbury and their Celebration Starters.
Yeah, go with me on this one.
Box Mix. Embrace it. It’s Holiday Eve, everyone is cooking and baking and cleaning and shopping and crying and running the heck out of time because AhmmaGawd, we all need The Minecraft Legos and they are SOLD OUT at the WALMART.
Take it easy on yourself and embrace the box mix.
For these whoopie pies, I used the Pillsbury Devil’s Food Cake Mix. Devil’s Food has always been my go to mix – it’s rich, it’s chocolate, and it’s just plain good. But mixed with cream cheese and vanilla? Hello, full on goodness. Sandwich these bad boys with Pillsbury Vanilla Icing (in GREEN, and rolled in Sprinkles) you look like someone who has time to knot all our own ornaments. You look like a Pinterest Success. You look like the Homeroom Mom who still has time to book a pedicure and facial.
No, I don’t embellish.
Make them. See for yourself.
Devil’s Food Holiday Whoopie Pies
- 1 box Pillsbury Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 can Pillsbury Icing (I used Green Vanilla with Sprinkles)
- Preheat oven to 350. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or Silpat. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine cake mix, cream cheese, butter, egg, and vanilla. Mix on medium speed until thoroughly combined.
- Using a spring loaded cookie scoop, place scoops of cake mix onto prepared cookie sheet. Flatten each scoop slightly with your fingers – cookies will not spread much.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Repeat with remaining batter until all cookies are made.
- Once cooled, fill cookies with Pillsbury icing of choice. If desired, roll edges in holiday sprinkles. Keep cookies in airtight container.
How would you like to win a great gift pack from Pillsbury? Including…get this…a $100 Visa Gift Card and some great Pillsbury products?
Just leave me a comment here letting me know your favorite way to use Cake Mix. Bam – you are entered to win!
If you’d like another chance to win, share this post with your friends on Facebook or Twitter. Just be sure to leave me a separate comment for each of the ways you share, and once again, you have an additional chance to win!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Pillsbury. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Giveaway supplied and shipped by Pillsbury. US Addresses only, please. Giveaway entry period ends December 14, 2014, at 11:59pm EST. Winner will be notified via email address provided at entry.