Oh my goodness, y’all.
Like, officially. It’s time for barbeques and potlucks and S’mores and Rice Krispies treats. Or S’mores Rice Krispies Treats.
It caught me by total surprise, like I forgot it existed. Last week, on Monday and Tuesday, it was gorgeous here, short sleeve weather and I was taking my ducklings on walks to the creek. Then on Thursday, some cold front moved in, we went to a farmers market for dinner, and froze our behinds off. The market was held right beside the town swimming pool, and Seven asked if it was open, since there were people up there working. I thought the child had lost his gourd. The pool? Open? Gahhh, no. It’s winter.
But it’s not. The pool IS open.
Luckily, that cold snap has passed and the weather is now a balmy 77. Still a bit chilly for a dip if you ask me, but it won’t be for long. Soon, we will once again scout out our section of the pool loungers, and bask for hours on end, and I will be the tannest me I can be. I will also be the mom at the pool with the snacks.
I’ll be honest…I am not the mom with the bag that has all the everythings. Yes, I forget floaties, lip balm. Towels for everyone. But I do always have snacks. And the one thing I have found that makes the cut all the time is cereal. Baggies of cereal make the perfect pool snack, because hello? Everyone loves it, it doesn’t go bad if you keep it sealed, you can mix it with dozens of different things, like nuts or dried fruits. And it’s not just great for pool trips – it’s great in the car for road trips as well.
But sometimes, I am a COOL MOM.
Sometimes. For example, like when I made these S’mores Rice Krispies Treats Cereal Pops.
I created these goodies for Kellogg’s and Wal-Mart, to help inspire my mom and dad friends to get a little creative with cereal to make the most of this summer. So simple, but they are incredibly festive, and the kids adore them. They are great as is, but package them up in individual wrappers and you have such a fun party favor or end-of-school gift for classmates. Keep them in a cooler, and take them to the pool if you like…but be warned, you’ll have a gaggle of chocolate loving 8-year olds worshipping you, and I doubt it will be that glorious tan of yours. Enjoy!
S’mores Rice Krispies Treats Cereal Pops
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. 2. Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated. 3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Roll each square into a ball by pressing beneath your palms. Chill until needed. 4. Melt chocolate chips in microwave on 30 second intervals, stirring after each heating. Remove from microwave when fully melted. 5. Place a sucker stick into each ball of cereal treat. Dip each into melted chocolate, covering about 2/3 of treat. Immediately place in shallow dish of graham cracker crumbs, coating bottom third of treat. Allow to cool. Keep stored in air tight container up to 2 days.
How are you #MakingTheMostOfSummer? Leave a comment below to enter for a chance to win a $100 Walmart gift card!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 5/28/15 – 6/16/15.
Be sure to visit the Kellogg’s brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!
Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by Sheknows and Walmart. All thoughts and opinions are my own.