Sometimes things go together that maybe you hadn’t thought of going together.
Like that one couple you know, who are both wonderful and charming on their own, but you never really saw being a THING. Perhaps she was just a little too smart, or he just a little too handsome.
But then they met.
And man, are they ever the pair.
That’s peanut butter and caramel.
That’s right…peanut butter and caramel.
You may not know this, but I was gifted the opportunity to create a few recipes for Pillsbury. But I was asked to go beyond the box, and boy, the box was a great place to start. But Pillsbury is also the same folks as Smuckers and Jif.
In case you were unaware, Smuckers makes the most incredible Salted Caramel Ice Cream Topping. I have a fridge full of it, and I use it for so many things. Toppings. Drizzles. Mixed in to brownies, cookies, icings. You can’t go wrong.
But then I thought – peanut butter. Could I mix JIF with this decadent caramel and make an ooey, goey filling for an over the top Valentine’s brownie?
You’d better believe it.
This one is an easy one, kids, so it’s safe to bring the man or the kiddos in to help. Ha! Seriously though, use this sweet and loving holiday to prepare a treat together, and make it all the more special. Put your kids on the brownie mix and your special love on the combining of the peanut butter and caramel. You can step in for support and to taste test. Heck, someone needs to do it.
Take one for the team.
Peanut Butter and Salted Caramel Brownies
· 1 box Pillsbury Chocolate Chunk Brownie Mix
· 1 egg
· 3 tablespoons water
· 1/3 cup melted butter
· ¼ cup JIF Creamy Peanut Butter
· ¼ cup Smuckers Salted Caramel Ice Cream Topping
1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray 12 muffin tins with non-stick baking spray and set aside.
2. Prepare brownie mix by combining mix, egg, water, and butter. Do not overmix. Pour into prepared muffin tins.
3. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until just set.
4. While brownies are baking, combine peanut butter and caramel.
5. As brownies cool, use a spoon to create a cavity in the center of each brownie. Fill with the peanut butter caramel mixture. Serve and enjoy!
Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by Pillsbury. All thoughts and opinions are my own.