Peanut Butter. Again.
For someone who claims to have an issue with peanut butter, I certainly do seem to have an affinity for it this week.
Or perhaps it’s just that I am completely enamored of Peanut Butter & Company and their entire line of insanely good peanut butters.
Take these cookies, for example. They start with a healthy dose of Dark Chocolate Dream, their peanut butter combined with dark chocolate. Sure, people make cookies out of peanut butter every day. Everyday. But out of Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter? With cream cheese?
Well, they should be.
These cookies are thick and soft, with a wonderful bite and chewy texture. The peanut butter combined with chocolate and cream cheese offers a sweet and subtle flavor, and the chunks of semisweet chocolate add just the right amount of oomph.
I hope you’ll give them a try!
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Chipsters
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 ounces softened cream cheese
- 3/4 cup Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter & Co. PB
- 1 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups Semi Sweet Chocolate Chunks
- 1 1/2 cups Milk Chocolate Chunks
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, cream cheese, peanut butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the vanilla, then the eggs one at a time, then the corn syrup and water. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl, then add into the peanut butter mixture. Fold in chocolate chunks. Use large spoon to apply large heaps of dough to parchment or Silpat lined cookie sheet. (about 1/4 cup per cookie) Bake for 12-13 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet before removing to racks to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.
Have a great weekend everyone! I hope you take advantage of this wonderful weather!