2013 Greenwich Wine & Food Festival…October 3-5

by doughmesstic on September 6, 2013

in Food Events, Giveaways, travel

Kids…I don’t even know where to start.

I swear, it seems like only a few short weeks ago that I made the drive to beautiful Greenwich, Connecticut to attend (and write about) the Greenwich Wine and Food Festival.

Little did I know that gorgeous October day that not only would I be wandering the grounds sampling some of the best culinary treasures of the greater New England area, but I would be drawn onto the demo stage with the one and only Duff Goldman.

Yes, that happened.

I (unprepared as I was) assisted Duff with his demo after spending an amazing few hours getting to know him better, all the while meeting other incredible chefs, like Graham Elliott, Ted Allen, and Joe Bastianich.  I was in celebrity chef heaven, which was a grass covered park, beside the bay, my belly full of cakes and wines and barbeque that I can’t even find adjectives for.

I hit the foodie jackpot that day.

Or so I thought.

You see, after Greenwich came and went, I kept in touch with Duff (and a few other of these amazing chefs), and when it came time to write my S’mores Cookbook, Duff stepped in and offered to write the foreword.

Surreal is the best word I can use to describe my life somedays, but today, as I type this, it is the ONLY word to sum up what I am about to tell you.

I am going BACK to Greenwich.  Only this time, I am going not to just write about the day, not to just eat, not to listen to great music and drink fine wines…and NOT to assist Duff.

I am going back to Celebrity Demo Tent One, where I will be on stage for a dessert demo of my own.

You read that right.

Four – count it – FOUR demos only in that tent, and I am one.  I mean, Duff and Graham and leading demos in that tent, and here I am, leading one as well?

See?  Surreal.

Luckily, I have one of my very best friends leading that demo with me…Chef Mike Behmoiras.  If you read here often, you know I’m just nuts about Mike, and over the past few months we’ve become a crazy team on several endeavors.  From a Cake Judging to a S’mores Night, to an upcoming television spot, and now, THIS?

Well, to say we are excited and thrilled to be considered worthy of this event is an understatement.  (We’re excited just to be listed on the Celebrity Talent page!)

GWF-susandmike

The Greenwich Wine & Food Festival is an incredibly well done experience, with samplings from the areas best restaurants and purveyors, wines that shouldn’t be missed, and entertainment from day until dark.  Soaring white tents in the New England sun, celebrity chef demos, swag bags and photo ops, book signings, mingling…you won’t find a more intimate and fanciful way to spend a day.

You really shouldn’t miss it.

So don’t.

WIN TICKETS!

I am currently holding 2 sets of 2 tickets ($250 per set!) that will get you in to the festival on Saturday October 5th.

Yep – free tickets, for 2 lucky commenters.  Are you in the New York, Connecticut or Massachusetts area?  Then you want to be there.  I promise you, you’ll have an incredible, unforgettable weekend.  Heck, drive from afar.  It’s worth the drive…make a weekend of it.

While you may not end up assisting in a celebrity demo, you’ll definitely get a belly full and a big hug from ME. And hey, I’ll even make Mike hug ya, too.

Comment away!

Oh – you don’t want to take the chance of not winning?  Can’t say I blame you.  Head over to the Festival Website to grab all the tickets you need…worth every penny and there are so many options to choose from!

The 2013 Greenwich Wine & Food Festival, by Serendipity

This tented event on the Long Island Sound features national and local celebrity chefs, sommeliers and culinary experts, cooking demonstrations, gourmet tastings, cook-offs, and wine and spirits. Enjoy more than 100 vendors and listen to live performances by Dispatch and Country Music star Pat Green!Greenwich Wine and Food

Click Here for the Schedule of Events

Click Here for TICKETS

Click Here for the Festival on Facebook

A HUGE thanks to Unger Publishing, Serendipity Magazine, and the Greenwich Wine & Food Festival for having me back, and for the tickets to share with my readers. (And Ms. Unger…you are some kind of amazing…along with the rest of your staff!)

Kate September 7, 2013 at 6:32 am

How fun! I would love to go!

Vanessa September 7, 2013 at 10:30 am

I never quite know what people mean when they say, “I knew you when” – but I did!

So happy for your success!

Cynthia Hayes September 7, 2013 at 6:29 pm

Yea, Susan! I’m excited for you and cannot wait to see you do your thing!

Kim T. @kimworld September 7, 2013 at 7:25 pm

I WANTS them!! :) Congrats too!!

Jamie @lifelovelemons September 7, 2013 at 8:37 pm

Ohmygod I’m dyyyiiinnnggg to go!! Would LOVE to see your demo!!

Joanne @ Fifteen Spatulas September 7, 2013 at 11:44 pm

I had NO idea this was in CT!!! Not too far from where I live, I would love to go! Congrats on your gig!

Kathleen La Nier September 8, 2013 at 9:08 am

Sounds like a once in a lifetime experience! My daughter and I are true foodies and would LOVE to experience a Food and Wine Festival! Congrats to you and best luck on your demo! I’d love to see it in person!

Rebecca Roman September 16, 2013 at 10:19 am

Sounds like a wonderful experience you had last year and this year will presumably be even better! Many friends have attended this great event and I would LOVE to attend this year. Great food, drinks, music and all for an amazing cause!

Michele September 16, 2013 at 3:39 pm

Thank you for giving these tickets away. Would love to take my foodie friend there.

Amanda September 17, 2013 at 1:21 pm

Congratulations on your news!!! You are completely deserving of your own demo, and it’s so exciting that you will be presented alongside such a high caliber of chefs. I’m from NYC, and it seems like it would definitely be worth it to hop a train up to the festival to see you.

dave September 17, 2013 at 10:23 pm

I’m a huge foodie and would love to come see you and mike demo at the greenwich food and wine festival. I live in nyc and love all the city has to offer, but i would love to come up from the city and enjoy all the great food and drink, The festival sounds like it would be a ton of fun to be at.

Danielle September 19, 2013 at 12:54 pm

I would love to be in your shoes and cooking/baking with some if the finest. Haven’t met you, but sure would love to meet you and your dessert!! I absolutely live to cook and try out new recipes from the best of food and wine cookbooks that I get each year :) with the beautiful fall quickly approaching, looking forward to pumpkin and squash flavors!!!

Gi September 23, 2013 at 5:46 pm

Thanks for giving away the tickets. I am a NJ based food and have been to food events in the Hamptons, NYC, as well as the 2012 Greenwich Food and Wine event, and I have to say that the Greenwich event is definitely my favorite. The food is fanatastic (not too mention abundant and diverse ) and the entertainment is fantastic. I plan on buying a tkt unless I am lucky enough to win these tickets :)

Dawn September 25, 2013 at 10:57 am

I am so excited for this years food and wine festival. S’mores cookbook!?! Wow, that sounds amazing!!! My absolute fav!! Can’t wait to pick that up! :)

Olivia September 30, 2013 at 1:54 pm

I’m dying to go! Sounds like so much fun!