I have recently become an addict of waffles. It’s true. I finally caved and ordered a plate of Chicken and Waffles in Washington, DC a few weeks ago, and since that moment, I’ve been a goner.
Now, no, this post is not about Chicken and Waffles. Though hold your horses – that time will come. I made some adorable Chicken & Waffle Appetizer Bites that I can’t wait to share with you (and there will be a not too tiny giveaway to go along with it from one of my favorite sponsors!) This post, however, is just a bit….sweeter.
And way easier than frying chicken, I can guarantee you that.
Mini Peach Pie and Sweet Waffle Trifles.
I made a batch of waffles, probably as sweet as any waffles can be made. But that wasn’t enough. Oh, no. Don’t hold back. Cinnamon whipped cream and peach pie filling got thrown into the mix.
I’m lazy, what can I say? I love using pie filling when I can.
And – I use Lucky Leaf, as you may very well know. They are such a fun company (and I am happy to have them as a repeat sponsor here on Doughmesstic). I even went to their canning plants in Pennsylvania last year – and let me tell you, from experience, it’s top notch. Fresh ingredients, straight into the cans. And? I don’t have to make it myself…which is even easier.
So the trifles.
Super easy, and too cute. I mean, really – look at them! Perfect for a little Sunday Brunch dessert, no? You could use blueberry or raspberry filling as well…that would be yummy. I think just about any flavor would work well in this recipe!
Mini Peach Pie and Sweet Waffle Trifles
- 1-cup less 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons Dixie Crystals granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 1 can Lucky Leaf Peach Pie Filling
- 2 cups Cinnamon Whipped Cream (See notes)
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger and sugar in a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, lightly beat the egg then add the buttermilk and oil.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Prepare waffles on a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown.
- Cut waffles into vessel sized pieces, and begin layering waffles with spoonfuls of pie filling and whipped cream. Serve and enjoy!
Note – to make Cinnamon Whipped cream, simple beat heavy cream with a few tablespoons of powdered sugar and teaspoon of cinnamon.
Now – scoot over to see what my friends made with THEIR Lucky Leaf – it all looks so good!
- Paula of Bellalimento – Strawberry Jelly Filled Doughnuts
- Brandi of BranAppetit – Blueberry Lemon Yogurt Parfaits
- Angie of Eclectic Recipes – Grilled Apple Galette
Lucky Leaf is having a Pinterest Contest, with great prizes up for grabs! Pin your springtime baking inspiration and you could win the grand prize of $500, one of two $200 prizes, or one of 10 gift packs in the “Good Things Come to Those Who Pin” Pinterest contest! Don’t forget to register your board at http://bit.ly/11nY971. Be sure to include the #luckyleafluckyme hashtag. Contest ends May 15. Good luck!
For more Lucky Leaf Promotions and Coupons, click here.
- Become a Fan of Lucky Leaf on Facebook
- Follow Lucky Leaf on Twitter
Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by Lucky Leaf. All thoughts and opinions are my own.