I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again…it’s football season. That means tailgating.
Now, I don’t know about you, but I swear, if you leave a tailgate menu up to a group of men, you’ll have 47 pounds of meat, and it if you’re lucky? Chips. Maybe. No fruit, no pasta salad, no mac and cheese. And surely, no dessert.
Me? I love dessert, and every time we show up at the tailgate with dessert, the plate always comes home empty. Men are so wishy washy. They don’t want to make dessert, but they sure don’t mind eating it.
To keep a recipe tailgate (or even football “homegate” appropriate, you want to keep it easy. Take these S’mores Brownies, for example. S’mores Brownie scream outdoorsy, and fun, and good times. But did you know you can make them in a slow cooker? You can!
I thought about this recipe as soon as Crock-Pot® Slow Cookers reached out to me as part of their Crocktober Extravaganza. Brownies in a slow cooker are so easy, and a great and safe way to get your kids involved in cooking.
Give them a try and see what you think!
(Save me one? Or six?)
S’mores Crock-Pot Brownies
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 16-18 individual graham crackers
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 3 cups mini marshmallows (or cut up large marshmallows)
- Line crock-pot with aluminum foil for easy removal of brownies once cooked.
- In small saucepan over medium heat, or in microwave, melt chocolate and butter until smooth. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs and vanilla with sugar. Slowly add in chocolate mixture until well combined.
- In small bowl, sift together cocoa, salt and flour. Add mixture to rest of batter. Do not overmix.
- Pour roughly half of batter into prepared crockpot. Top with whole graham crackers, breaking and piecing together at edges as needed to fully cover brownie batter. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of graham crackers, then top with remaining brownie batter.
- Put lid on crockpot and cook on low for 1 1/2 hours. Check brownies at 1 hous. Tops will look undercooked, but a tug on foil will help determine doneness. If brownies lift easily without buckling, remove from crock-pot and allow to cool. If they buckle, allow to bake for 15 more minutes, checking again, until ready to remove.
- Once cooled, top with marshmallows and place under oven broiler for 30-60 seconds, until marshmallows are toasted. Watch closely as marshmallows can quickly burn. Remove from oven, cut, serve and enjoy.
Crocktober and a Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker Giveaway
Did you know that until October 31 (that’s two more days!) Crock-Pot Slow Cookers are giving away prizes? All you have to do is visit their Facebook App here, and enter to win. You can also visit their Facebook Page for more info on how to win additional prizes!
Of course, I want you to enter on their app, but I also have a really cool Crock-Pot product to introduce you to and give away to one of you sweet little readers. it’s called a Hook Up, and I adore mine! I am giving away the two-piece deal, (the 3 piece is pictured above) and I think you’ll enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine. Just hook them together, and you’ve made yourself a nice little hot buffet – perfect for tailgating, potlucks, holiday dinners – you name it! It’s so versatile!
Want to win? Just leave me a comment here on this post and you are entered to win. That’s all you need to do!
However, I want you to share (it’s the season of giving, you know, and I want you to share your candy with me in case you care) so maybe you could share this post on Facebook or Twitter? If you do, then return here and let me know you did, that will gain you an additional entry. Just be sure to leave a separate comment, one for Tweeting, one for sharing on Facebook.
Your friends will thank you, I will thank you. Thanks all around.
I still want candy.
Where’s my candy?
(I’m sorry for what I said when I was hungry. I’m not typically so bossy. It’s my diet talking. You know I love you.)
Candy. Candy. Candy.
Enter! Share! Win! Good luck!
Disclaimer: This post and giveaway were sponsored by Crock-Pot Slow Cookers. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Giveaway shipped and supplied by Crock-Pot. US Addresses only, ages 18 and over. Winner will be notified via email provided. Giveaway ends November 7, 11:59pm EST. Good luck!