12 Comments

1. Jennie
    August 29, 2017 @ 4:44 pm

Honey, I’m so glad you’re all safe, but also so sorry you and Rusty have to go through this. Sending lots of love, and good thoughts as you both navigate these coming months. xo-Jennie

2. Pat Harmon
    August 29, 2017 @ 4:47 pm

I am so very sorry and sad for you and Rusty, Susan. Keeping you in my prayers……and also for the bears.

3. Mickey
    August 29, 2017 @ 5:02 pm

I’m so heartbroken for you, and for everyone going through this. Your words made it so very real to me and I’m sitting here in tears, wishing I knew better ways to help. I’m sharing and donating, but if there is anything that we can do now or as you try to move back to normal, please let me know.

4. Judy
    August 29, 2017 @ 6:30 pm

My dear, your story made me cry. I just can’t even begin to imagine what you all are going through. I think about you constantly, so if there is anything I can do, please let me know. As I am a bear fan, I will ask the universe to keep your bears safe, along with all the other precious things. Glad you all are safe.

5. Donna
    August 29, 2017 @ 7:53 pm

As I read your story, tears streaming down my face, my heart truly aches. I am so happy you are safe. I hope that one day you forget and I pray that those bears are safe and dry.

6. Susan Swearengin
    August 29, 2017 @ 8:14 pm

I wish I could do something to help you. All I can do is pray and let you know I am here if you need anything. Sending love, prayers and hope.

7. Linda
    August 30, 2017 @ 12:23 am

God Bless and keep you. Your story really drives it home for those of us who have never experienced this horror. So much more personal than watching it on TV. My husband is a FEMA inspector. They WILL help you. They are ready and waiting to move on your behalf. Prayers are sent.

8. Irvin
    August 30, 2017 @ 4:04 am

I’m so sorry Susan! I’m glad you are safe but I’m so sad for everything you had to go through and will still have to go through. Hugs from afar…

9. Karyn
    August 30, 2017 @ 11:48 am

Sending lots of prayers your way during this time. I’m so sorry for all you are going through, but so glad you are all safe.

10. Kristin
    August 30, 2017 @ 4:14 pm

Oh Susan, my heart is breaking for you and everyone else affected by this tragedy.

11. Erin
    August 30, 2017 @ 4:51 pm

Hang in there, Sista!

12. Emily Drews
    August 31, 2017 @ 8:26 pm

I just wanted a good creme brulee recipe. I’m glad I checked your home page. Home… Home is where the heart is. But home is where you invest your heart and cultivate memories for generations that follow. My own heart is with you and your family and I appreciate reading your story. My heart is also with your home. I know it misses you and anticipates your return.