Surely, you know Jenny.
I’ve known Jenny for a couple of years now, and we’ve met in person several times since then. She’s a hoot, a classy lady, a great mom (and about to have another boy!), and of course, quite the food blogger! Most people know her for her Chocolate Chip Cookie stuffed with Oreo Cookies…which are, well, ridiculous in the most insane way.
How could I not take inspiration from her and create an Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie Popover?
See? I had to.
I can’t tell you how amazing these are. Something about the whole Oreo being baked – it’s soft, it’s sweet, it adds the perfect bite to a soft, gooey, chocolate chip filled popover. I ate mine without any syrup at all, but a drizzle of icing or chocolate syrup would always be a welcome addition. Oooh – or ice cream. Yes, ice cream would be phenomenal!
Give these a try and let me know what you think! And of course, go visit Jenny’s page and say hello! (And Pre-Order her upcoming Picky Palate Cookbook!)
Have a great day!
Oreo Stuffed Cookie Popovers…the Picky Palate Popover
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 ounces chocolate chips (I used Nestle Milk Chocolate Chips)
- Whole Oreo Double Stuffed Cookies
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- Preheat oven to 375F. Divide the 3 tablespoons butter into the cups of your Pop Over Pan. (If you don’t own one, you can use a muffin tin, but you will need to use all 12 cups. Just divide the butter up evenly) Place the pan in the oven for 3-5 minutes while you are making the batter.
- In medium bowl, beat the eggs with the milk,melted butter, vanilla, and sugar, then whisk in the flour and salt. Add roughly 3/4 of the chocolate chips to the batter.
- Pour the batter into the butter filled cups. Add the remaining chips evenly to the batter filled cups, then push an Oreo into the center of each cup. Return to oven for 5 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 350 and continue to bake for another 20-25 minutes. Drizzle with chocolate syrup or sweet icing, and whipped cream, if desired.. Serve and enjoy!