Pennington was kind enough to reach out to me a few weeks ago, and offer to sponsor a few posts about my lawn and garden. This is one of those posts! I’m so lucky, as I love sharing my garden adventures with all of you – working with Pennington is the icing on the cake!
So, I am not sure about the rest of you, but our spring has been, well, kind of insane. We had a week or two of really warm weather, and then bam, Mother Nature decided to throw us a curveball, just to let us know who was really in charge. On April 4th, all matter of Hades broke loose on a Thursday afternoon, and sleet, ice, snow and freezing rain poured out of the sky. Inches of ice on the ground caused massive traffic accidents, and delayed school on Friday.
Four days later, it was 92 degrees.
I kid you not. 92.
But since then, it’s remained pretty spring-like, with only a few chilly days. That means – gardening time.
Our yard is about an acre, and full of grass (and weeds, though I am at the point where as long as it’s green, I am okay with that). We also have a massive raised garden, or rather, set of raised garden beds, a huge grape arbor, raspberry trellis, blueberry bushes, and herb garden.
Lots of things to let run wild, if we let it.
Pretty soon, we will be planting the majority of the garden – tomatoes, squash, zucchini, onions, okra, broccoli, and melons – but for now it’s just herbs, berries, and asparagus. According to the old folks around here, it’s against nature to plant a tomato before Mother’s Day, so gracious, who am I to go against NATURE? When the time comes, though, I’ll use a great fertilizer, like Pennington’s Smart Feed for Tomatoes & Vegetables. Believe me, it’s happening.
Until then, we have been using We sprayed it on our flower bed (look at those Asiatic Lilies popping up!), the hostas, the Red Hot Poker, some of the herb bed, the flowers by the house, and in our stone stepping circle. I love that stone circle. It’s the entrance to our garden path, and one of my favorite parts of the whole yard. Such a pretty view from there, too.
But back to the Smart Feed.
It’s so easy to use, which makes it a keeper.
1. Twist off the clear sprayer canister
2. Load one or two water-soluble fertilizer tablets into the sprayer
3. Spray on target area
Whoa. Difficult, right? So, so easy.
I can tell that the plants are already thriving – so – so far, so good! I’ll post an update in a few weeks so that you can see the difference. And – we’ll take a look at the (finally!) planted garden!
Until then, how would YOU like to win a little $25 AmEx, and treat yourself to some garden loving from Pennington’s? You would, wouldn’t you?
Of course you would.
Just leave me a comment here, letting me know your favorite lawn or garden tip or trick. Then voila, you are entered to win! Don’t you love when things are easy??
Yes! So enter!
Pennington Smart Feed Sprayer System
· Pennington, known for its exceptional lawn and garden care products, has launched a new-to-the-industry fertilizer – the Pennington Smart Feed Sprayer System – that makes fertilizing easy while producing bigger and better results every time.
· The four-way, adjustable sprayer – which easily attaches to a standard garden hose – simplifies plant feeding and ensures proper nutrition and vigorous plant growth.
· By adding the uniquely customized fertilizer tablets consumers provide the exact amount of nutrients needed by flowers and plants. The three fertilizer formulas are created to benefit various growing environments, plant types and applications: All-Purpose; Tomato & Vegetable; and Flowers & Blooms.
· Pennington Smart Feed products range from $9.99 to $12.99 and are available at national home retailers.
Also available from Pennington’s:
Pennington has decades of experience when it comes to growing vigorous, long lasting plants. For plants that blossom, flowers that bloom and big, red, juicy tomatoes, you need to start with the right foundation. Pennington’s new Smart 1 Feed™ line of specialty fertilizers continuously feeds your plants for up to 8 months, nourishing them with the nutrients they need, just when they need them.
• Great for use on all types of plants, vegetables, trees, shrubs & ornamental plants
• Specially Formulated for acid loving plants and evergreens
• Specially Formulated for season long blooms on flowering plants and roses
• Specially Formulated to create maximum blooms & color
• Specially Formulated to produce lush trees and delicious fruit
For more on Pennington:
Disclaimer: As I mentioned, this post was sponsored by Pennington’s. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Prize is courtesy of and shipped by Pennington’s.