Sometimes I just can’t leave well enough alone.
Like – pasta is good, right? And dessert is good…but how often do you have pasta for dessert?
Well, I did.
I took a perfectly good lasagna noodle and deep fried it, tossed it with powdered sugar, and topped it with simple, sweet, and sassy strawberry sauce.
Oh, and whipped cream, of course. One can never get too much whipped cream in their diet.
As we have a nice garden going again this year, I am a bit over run with fresh strawberries. truth be told, there are many just rotting on the vine.
That’s no good. I should do better. BE better. But alas, I am lazy. It happens.
I did, however, take many of these gorgeous berries and create the sauce to go with my fried noodles. It felt good. It did.
A crunchy bite and sensational flavor. The textures are terrific together, and unless you asked, you’d never know it was pasta you were going crazy over. Neither will your guests lucky enough to try out your incredible dessert.
I hope you give it a shot!
Deep Fried Sugared Pasta and Strawberry Crunch
- 1 box Lasagna Noodles, boiled to al dente
- Dixie Crystals Confectioner’s Sugar, as needed
- 4 cups fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, as desired
- While the lasagna noodles boil,combine the strawberries and granulated sugar together over medium low heat. Simmer for 15-20 minutes. Add the vanilla and allow to simmer over low heat until needed.
- When pasta is cooked, remove from heat and drain. Allow the pasta to air dry for a moment, or, blot with paper towels. Cut noodles into triangle wedges, and add to 350F oil to fry. Remove when golden brown and sprinkle with confectioners sugar.
- Place fried noodles on serving dish and top with strawberry sauce, more fresh berries and whipped cream. Serve and enjoy!
I used Dreamfields Pasta (my favorite for so many reasons), and of course, was very pleased with the results. I’ve yet to find a pasta that is any better, plus, Dreamfields is a healthier option, especially for those concerned about carbs. If you have questions about Dreamfields, I really encourage you to join us at a Twitter Party on June 27. We’ll have a Dreamfields Pro, plus some great bloggers on hand to answer questions and chat! We’ll also be giving away GREAT Dreamfields prizes and Gift Cards, so make sure you join us by following #PastaPalooza!
Disclaimer: I am an ambassador for Dreamfields, however, this is not a sponsored post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.