It’s Thursday! Do you know what that means?
It means I am tired as hell because I got up at 3am in order to make my butt-crack-of-dawn flight to Chicago today. THAT’S what it means. And, knowing me, I didn’t even sleep at all Wednesday night, for fear of oversleeping, so…I will likely change into my hotel clothes at The Conrad in downtown Chicago and nap for a good eleventeen hours and miss every single event I’m supposed to attend.
I will be strong. I have parties to go to. Swag to try unsuccessfully to fit into my itty bitty suitcase. People to meet and not cry in front of because people freak me out! I am up for the challenge!
Know who else was up to a challenge? Angie from Big Bear’s Wife! Angie is another Virginia gal, just like me, and she offered to guest post here today with an Ice Cream Cake post.
Dear, sweet Angie. It is mid July. It is hawt here in the South. You have guts I didn’t know you had. Photographing a bowl of ice cream is one thing. A cake MADE of ice cream is another thing entirely! She did an amazing job and I can’t wait for all of you to try it! So…welcome Angie!
And readers – do be sure to check out her blog as well – she’s giving away a copy of the S’mores Cookbook on Big Bear’s Wife today!
Hello Doughmesstic Readers! I’m so glad to be Susan’s guest today on her beautiful blog, celebrating her new S’mores Cookbook! This cookbook is seriously gorgeous and I am in love with all things “s’mores”, so you know that this cookbook is going to go front and center in my collection!
I’ve got a simple but amazing s’mores dessert for you today! These Mini S’mores Ice Cream Cakes combine two of my favorite desserts. S’mores and Ice Cream, what more could you ask for? The layers of this treat just make me want to dig right in! They’re perfect in mini size but double the recipe and you’ve got a stunning S’mores Ice Cream Cake to feed a crowd.
Mini S’mores Ice Cream Cakes
- 6 graham crackers
- 3-4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons chocolate fudge sauce
- 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 6 tablespoons marshmallow fluff
- 1/2 cup chocolate ice cream, slightly softened
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- 2 – mini springform pans (or double the recipe for one large springform pan)
- Plastic Wrap
- Crush the graham crackers into crumbs. Mix melted butter into graham crackers and stir well to combine. Divide the graham crackers between the two mini springform pans and press into the bottom of each one to form the crusts.
- Slightly heat the chocolate sauce to make it spreadable. Spread 3 tablespoons over the graham cracker crust in each springform pan. Top the fudge sauce in each pan with 1/4 cup vanilla ice cream.
- Cover each springform pan with plastic wrap and stick into the freezer for 30-45 minutes. After freezing for 30-45 minutes, remove from the freezer and unwrap.
- Top the frozen vanilla ice cream with marshmallow fluff. Top the marshmallow fluff with chocolate ice cream. Sprinkle mini chocolate chips onto of the chocolate ice cream. Wrap each springform pan in plastic wrap. Place into the freezer and let freeze for 4-5 hours. (Overnight is best)
- When ready to serve, remove from freezer and wrap. Remove sides of springform pans and serve immediately.
For nearly 4 solid weeks, I will have a guest blogger here sharing their own S’mores recipe with you. I hope you’ll share their posts the way that you share mine, and show them some love like you do to me!
And, if you are itching for more S’mores recipes…here’s that book of mine. Grab a copy on Amazon!