Hi guys! I’m Brandi from BranAppetit, and I’m so happy to be here sharing a s’mores recipe for Susan while she’s off touring the country. Lucky for me, I live just 5 minutes from Susan and get to see her (and try most of her recipes) just about every week! I love when blog friends become real life friends. We’ve had some fun times over the past 3 years, and I can’t wait to see what happens next for her.
For today, I’ve got a super simple S’mores Dip for you!
This was inspired by my little sister. She used to make the craziest after school snacks.
The one I remember the most was the one she called her “s’mores plate”.
She would put a layer of mini marshmallows down, squirt on some Hershey’s Syrup, add a few dollops of peanut butter, and then put it in the microwave until the chocolate and peanut butter melted and the marshmallows puffed up, swelling and dripping onto each other and everything else.
But after finding half a bag of jumbo marshmallows in the pantry, along with a bunch of dark chocolate chips, I knew I had to make something.
And I had the best. idea. ever.
S’mores, but a little less messy.
S’mores, but not on a stick.
S’mores, without me having to light a fire in my backyard at 3 in the afternoon while the high school baseball team is practicing across the street.
S’mores Dip. For graham crackers. For apples. For more chocolate. For whatever you want.
Makes: 1-2 servings
- 1 jumbo marshmallow or 3-4 regular marshmallows
- 1 Tbsp chocolate chips
- graham crackers, for dipping
- Place marshmallows and chocolate chips in microwave safe container or bowl.
- Put in microwave and heat, 5-10 seconds at a time, until the chocolate chips begin to melt and the marshmallow softens and is expanding each time you turn the microwave on. Make sure you’re watching it while it’s heating – the marshmallow will completely bubble over if you look away, even for a second.
- Stir the chocolate and marshmallow together a bit, and serve on crackers.
Thank you so much, Brandi!! I love that you live so close to me, and SO glad you found me all those years ago…you are truly one of my best friends. We love having you and Nick in our lives!
Kids – I am still in Vegas. It is a whirlwind. But, today, Wednesday, is the day I will be lunching with some amazing bloggers and talking up my book a bit, so, let’s just call that a work day, shall we?
Otherwise, Vegas would be one big vacation, full of indulgence and glamor and men without shirts.
We can’t have that.
Have a great day!