I love a challenge.
Now sure, I could have made exactly what was on the box. But there’s no challenge in that. No thought process happening. No dare to be great mentality.
I NEED challenges in my life.
So when I see a box of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookie Mix, what do I do?
I make cupcakes.
Or rather, I make an incredible buttercream for cupcakes. Out of cookie dough mix. With things I bet you already have in your fridge.
Yes, I did.
I know. I am a genius. Don’t worry, I am fully aware of my greatness.
Make these and you’ll know it, too. It can be our little secret.
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookie Buttercream Topped Cupcakes
- 1 package Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookie Mix
- 1 pound unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Pinch of salt
- 24 Devil’s Food Cupcakes, prepared
- Chocolate Shaving to decorate, if desired
- 12 Reese Cups, halved, to top, if desired
- Using a stand mixer, combine cookie mix and softened butter. Beat on medium high speed for 5 minutes.
- Add cream and salt to butter mixture and continue to beat an additional 5 minutes.
- Spread a small layer of buttercream to the top of each cupcake, then press into chocolate shavings.
- Pipe remaining buttercream to the top of each cupcake. Garnish with half of Reese Cup, if desired.
Disclaimer: I was compensated for my time and recipe using this product. All thoughts and opinions are my own.