You read that right.
Bacon and Coffee.
I mean, if you think about it, this is practically a well rounded breakfast. Bacon (okay, well, bacon grease), eggs (all chocolate chip cookies need eggs, of course), and then Maxwell House® Coffee? Yep, totally acceptable Breakfast Cookie.
Thanks Kraft and Maxwell House for the motivation to make these cookies come to fruition!
Bacon and Coffee Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 48
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup bacon grease, cooled
- 2/3 cups Dixie Crystals sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups All Purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons Maxwell House Coffee Grounds
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup Semi-Sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup Dark chocolate chips
- Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 325. Line 2 baking sheets with a SilPat or parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the bacon grease and butter for 3 minutes to combine, then add in the sugars, salt, and vanilla, and beat about 2 more minutes. Add in the eggs, one at a time, scraping down the bowl after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour , baking soda, and coffee grounds. Add to the other ingredients on low speed, until just combined. Stir in the chocolate by hand. Chill dough for 10 minutes.
- Portion out the cookies onto the baking sheets, roughly 12 cookies per sheet (I used a cookie scoop). Cookies will spread a bit, but not much. Allow 1-2 inches between cookies. Sprinkle with sea salt before baking.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until lightly browned around the edges. They will likely not LOOK done, but they will be. Remove from oven and cool for 2-3 minutes on the pan, then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store in an air-tight container.
- Serve and enjoy!
These cookies appear undone at 12-14 minutes, but will be very light brown on the edges. They are done! Do not overbake.
Kraft Holiday Savings
As I mentioned, Kraft sponsored this post, and it couldn’t have come at a better time! The holiday expenses add up (and quick, right?) so it’s great news that Kraft is sharing some of their best products with coupon savings! “A Little Help for the Holidays from Kraft” is easy! Just click through to grab coupons for things such as Maxwell House Coffee, Kraft Shredded Cheese, Planter’s Peanut Butter and more, available exclusively at Target! You can save up to $20!
From shopping for gifts to planning family dinners, it’s hard to keep up with all your holiday to-do’s. This year, Kraft is helping out with great weeknight meals and entertaining ideas to make the season a little bit easier. Plus, Kraft is offering up to $20 in coupons, redeemable exclusively at Target, to make food shopping easier and to help you have a happy holiday season.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kraft. The opinions and text are all mine.