Weeknight dinners. You know the ones. The nights when the thought of having to make anything at all, other than a phone call to the local pizza joint, is just about more than you can bear.
That’s like, almost every single day for me.
And here you thought food bloggers loved cooking. Cook cook cook, that’s all we do, and we do it in adorable aprons while homeschooling, taking amazing photos and feeding our leftovers to the homeless.
Of course we do.
Well, not me.
When I first got married, I made a lot of meals out of a box. THAT was cooking. The whole concept was new to me- I just never had to cook. I worked long hours, we made a decent living, and food was always available to pick up somewhere on the way home.
I’ve advanced a lot since then, but I do appreciate the ease and convenience of a boxed dinner. They require no thought. They are usually pretty tasty. But mostly, they are fast, and the whole family can eat it.
The same goes for this dish – which I am calling Chicken Amalfi. There is a small ristorante in Rome that we love, and make sure to eat there every single time we visit the Eternal City. It’s not far from the Piazza Navona, called The Pummerola. They serve a dish there called Rigatoni Amalfi. A creamy sauce, and fresh asparagus are the stars of this tasty dish, therefore, I am stealing the “Amalfi” part of the title. You can call it whatever you like – Chicken Alfredo, Rotini Chicken and Vegetables, Creamy Pasta and Chicken – just add it to your weeknight repertoire. It’s a keeper.
As you are likely aware, I am an ambassador for Dreamfields Pasta, a job that suits me perfectly. A HEALTHY PASTA that tastes delicious, and they want to PAY ME to eat it?
Well, you see my wonderment.
So, when they asked me to head up a group of fabulous food bloggers and create a series of 30 Minute Meals utilizing 5 ingredients or less, well, I was more than up to the task. I do love a challenge, and 5 ingredients (plus the cooked pasta) is more than enough to create a fantastic meal worthy of any night of the week.
- 1 box Dreamfields Rotini Pasta, prepared
- 1 pound cooked chicken breast, bitesized
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 15oz jar prepared Alfredo Sauce
- Italian Seasoning, as desired
- Prepare pasta according to box.
- While pasta is cooking, sauté chicken in a large pan in oil or butter over medium high heat until cooked through. (You can also cut up rotisserie chicken if you like – it’s quick and delicious!). When chicken is cooked, add asparagus, peas and sauce to the pan, and reduce heat to medium low. Allow to simmer for 5-10 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Season as desired.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain and add noodles to the alfredo sauce. Serve and enjoy!
All week I will be on Twitter tweeting out the links to the Quick Meals my blogger friends created using Dreamfields, so be sure to Follow Me there so that you can keep up. These 5 bloggers are all amazing, and I for one can’t wait to see what they’ve made…I am imagining deliciousness!
Plus, all of us are giving away a CASE of Dreamfields Pasta on our posts – so you can enter on each of the blogs for a chance to win some incredible pasta! You can start by entering to win a case HERE, on THIS post.
- Just comment here letting me know you’d like to win. That’s all you need to do!
- If you’d like a second chance, just follow Dreamfields on Twitter, then return here and let me know you did. That’s all you need to do!
- Want a third chance? PIN a picture from this post, and again, leave me a separate comment letting me know you did. There you have it! Three chances to win a case of Dreamfields! Good Luck!
Disclaimer: This post and giveaway is sponsored by Dreamfields. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Contest open until March 1, 2014 at 11:59pm EST. Winner will be notified via email address provided in Comments. US addresses only, please. Good luck!