If you know me very well, you know I am not much of a drinker. A mixed drink here or there, some Moscato from time to time, sure…but typically, I am your designated driver.
But now I’ve discovered the world of Sangria. That’s all over, kiddos.
Maybe I’d not had the best sangria in the past, because no experience with it really resonates, which leads me to believe I wasn’t a big fan. All that’s changed now. I am the Queen of all that is Sangria.
Peaches and Cream Sangria, to be more precise. Peaches and Cream Sangria with a hint of mint to be exact.
It is divine.
I was approached by Diageo’s The Wine Bar, a group I have worked with on several occasions, to explore a Summer of Sangria. Being a big fan of Butterfly Kiss Wines already, I knew I was up for the challenge of creating a few summery recipes, but I wasn’t prepared for how incredible this concoction would turn out. it’s sweet, sassy, smooth and luxurious. It tastes of summer and freshness. I’m not the only believer, either – I tested it out on several friends, and two of us (the best two, lol!) drank it like there was no autumn on the way. No tomorrow to wake up for.
Enchanting, it was,the ideas she and I came up with over glasses of this ambrosia.
I just wish I could remember what they were.
I guess that means another pitcher must be made.
Peaches and Cream Sangria
- 5 ounces Whipped Cream or Vanilla Vodka
- 3 ripe peaches, peeled and chopped
- 3 ounces simple syrup
- 25 fresh mint leaves
- 1 bottle Butterfly Kiss Moscato
- Whole mint leaves and peach chunks, to garnish
- Combine vodka, peaches, and simple syrup in a blender. Puree until smooth.
- Add mint leaves and Moscato, blend until well mixed. Add whole mint leaves and peach chunks; refrigerate 4 hours or longer, up to 36 hours. Serve over ice.
Disclaimer: As mentioned, I was hired by Diageo’s The Wine Bar to create this recipe. All thoughts and opinions are my own.