Guess what today is?
My first EMPTY HOUSE day in MONTHS! That’s right, y’all…Seven is back to school, and Jon is back at work (he took yesterday off so that we could take Seven to second grade together)…and now the house is officially MINE again! I survived!
Thank the good sweet Lord. It was touch and go there for the past 3 weeks.
I can’t help it. It’s not that I haven’t had an amazing summer, full of laughs and a sun-tanning addiction, but enough is enough. I love my kid, but there needs to be a few hours each day to let me miss him.
I need to nap in peace. I’d like to take shower for 20 whole minutes without someone trying to hand me the phone to conduct an interview. I just want some space that isn’t in the fetal position in the back of my closet.
And I need my kitchen. To work. To make things, you know. Like Cinnamon Roll Fluffy Pancake Cups.
I mentioned last week that I had been approached by Krusteaz to become one of their Baker’s Dozen team, and so here we are, me and you, and my first contribution.
Breakfast for Dinner. Breakfast Night, if you will.
Now, these Cinnamon Roll Fluffy Pancake Cups can be your dessert, or your main dish, I won’t steer you in either direction…but they would be great as both. A little pancakey, and little muffiny – they are simple to make and offer up a fun alternative to either. Topped with plenty of cream cheese glaze, you’re talking sweet and sinful.
I think you’ll really enjoy them! Plus…and here’s the bonus…make a few extra, wrap them up, and let the kiddos attack them straight out of the microwave for breakfast the next morning. You can hit the snooze at least once, if not twice.
Thank me later.
Cinnamon Roll Fluffy Pancake Cups
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Serving Size: 12
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- Pinch nutmeg
- Pinch salt
- 2 cups Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Cream Cheese Glaze:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3/4 to 1 cup powdered sugar
· Preheat oven to 375°F. Divide butter into muffin pan cups. Place pan in the oven for 3-5 minutes while you are making the batter.
· In medium bowl, beat egg, milk, brown sugar, vanilla, spices and salt; whisk in pancake mix. Pour batter into the butter filled muffin cups.
· In separate bowl, combine softened butter, sugar and cinnamon to make a paste. Place in piping bag or Ziploc bag with snipped corner. Squeeze spirals of cinnamon mixture into batter in each muffin cup.
· Place pan in oven for 5 minutes at 375°F, then reduce the temperature to 350°F and continue to bake for another 10 minutes.
· To make Cream Cheese Glaze:Using an electric mixer, mix all ingredients on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Drizzle over warm pancake cups.
Disclaimer: As mentioned, I am a sponsored member of the Krusteaz Baker’s Dozen. The recipe, all thoughts and opinions are my own.