Remember last week when I told you Pillsbury asked me to make a recipe or two using their fabulous Crescent Rolls? And I said to stay tuned, as I had more ideas? Well…here is yet another.
Bacon and Onion Crescent Rolls.
So easy, and yet, so incredibly hard to put down. They’d be great to add as a Thanksgiving bread option, or perfect for game watching, Black Friday After Shopping Snack, or even dinner. No one will expect the punch of flavor hidden inside these Crescents. One bite of the savory bacon and sweet onion and garlic will make this a true crowd pleaser!
Versatile, easy, yummy.
Bacon and Onion Crescent Rolls
- 1 Pillsbury Grands Buttery Crescent Rolls
- 1/2 white onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and diced
Preheat oven to 350. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment or with non-stick baking spray. Set aside.
Sauté the onion in the oil in a small skillet over medium heat until fragrant and caramelized.
When onions are ready and oven is at temperature, open can of Crescent rolls. Top each triangle of dough with a bit of the butter, then sprinkle with garlic powder. Add a scoop of onions and finally top with the bacon. Roll into crescent shape.
Bake for 16-18 minutes, or to golden brown. Serve warm.
Tips & Tricks
- For a quick appetizer, cut each triangle of Crescent into to, making two triangles. Top with ingredients as the recipe states, but add a bit of shredded mozzarella before baking unrolled. Your guests will love them!
- Buying precooked bacon in the store saves a lot of time and hassle if you are in a rush. Simply dice the bacon while the onions cook and you’ll be ahead of the game!
Disclaimer: As mentioned, this blog post and recipe were sponsored by Pillsbury. All thoughts and opinions are my own.