Mint Chocolate Brownies
But first…Mint Chocolate Brownies.
If you know me at all, you know I have an affinity for fudgy brownies. I never, ever want to hear “cake like” when it comes to a brownie. If I wanted something to be cake like, I would make a cake. Like. If I want brownies, I want something thick and chewy, full of fudgy goodness and almost to the point of Did she cook these all the way? gooiness.
I made these holiday ready with the addition of mint, and more precisely, York Peppermint Patties and Hershey Mint Chips. As you are probably aware, I do a lot of work with Hershey’s, and I am thrilled to have such good friends there that keep me in supplies.
If you’ve not tried the Hershey’s Mint Chips for baking, I highly recommend you do. Not overly powerful (in fact, I added mint extract to really punch it up), but subtle and smooth. I also added in some of the new Hershey’s Spreads.
Hershey’s Spreads are brand new, and I’ve had my hand on them for about a month now. There are three varieties, but for my brownies, I used the Chocolate Spread versus the Chocolate Almond or Chocolate Hazelnut. Think peanut butter consistency, but total chocolate goodness, and there you have it. Perfect on a cracker, a pretzel, an orange slice – or of course, in a brownie.
I’m sure you won’t have too much trouble figuring out what to do with yours.
Mint Chocolate Brownies
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45-55 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
- Yield: 16-20 Brownies
- 10 Tablespoons butter
- 3 ounces Hershey’s Mint Chocolate Chips
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon Mint Extract
- 3/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 4 cut up York Peppermint Patties
- 1/4 cup Hershey’s Chocolate Spread
- Preheat oven to 350. Prepare 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper long enough to hang over on two sides, making it easier to remove from pan once baked. Spray pan and paper.
- In small saucepot over medium heat, or in the microwave, melt chocolate and butter until smooth. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs, vanilla and red food coloring with the sugar. Slowly add in chocolate mixture until well combined.
- In small bowl, sift together cocoa, salt and flour. Add mixture to rest of batter. Do not over mix.
- Stir Peppermint Patties and Hershey’s Spread into batter until evenly mixed.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake 45-55 minutes, or until just set and toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool. Enjoy!