Do I love Hawaiian Chicken Pasta? I do. It’s crazy. Why crazy? I am a creature of habit. Change? I say I love it…and I kind of do. But it’s also just not something I am very good at implementing myself.
Even with pasta.
As an ambassador for Dreamfields Pasta, I am often challenged with a new recipe to create using pasta. You’d think that’s easy, but, well, for me…notsomuch. When I think of pasta, my mind immediately goes Italian. Pesto. Marinara. Alfredo.
But not this time, kiddos.
Changing up pasta is scary for me, but I was inspired by my recent trip to Dole and the massive amounts of pineapple in my kitchen to whip up something a little different – a little – islandy. So, a quick inventory of the fridge and cabinets led me to chicken, green pepper, pineapple, soy, ginger, carrots, and Dreamfields Angel Hair.
Winner, winner, chicken dinner.
I am SO pleased with this recipe! It’s quick, it’s insanely healthy (no heavy sauces, no butter, no cheeses or creams), and it is 100 percent different than what I typically make. Jon and I both really enjoyed it. It’s rich and flavorful, but crowdpleasing at the same time, because it’s not too hot (you can spice it up if you like but I went mild). Just…deliciousness.
I do hope you will try it – I am so proud of it!
Hawaiian Chicken Pasta
- Serves 8
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 pound box Dreamfields Angel Hair Pasta
- 1.5 pounds Chicken Breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons Ground Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Poppy Seeds
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 1 medium Sweet Onion, diced
- 1 Green Pepper, chopped
- 3 Carrots, thinly sliced
- 20 ounce can Pineapple Chunks, reserve the juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- Place water on to prepare pasta. While water is heating, brown chicken pieces in a large stir fry pan or wok in a tablespoon of oil. As you saute, add sesame oil, garlic powder, ginger, poppy seeds, and salt and pepper.
- Add pasta to boiling water and prepare according to box directions.
- Once chicken has lightly browned, add onion, green pepper, carrots, pineapple chunks, and 1/4 cup pineapple juice. Stirfry until vegetables are tender, about 8 minutes.
- While vegetables are cooking, combine 1/2 cup pineapple juice, cornstarch, and soy sauce. Whisk until smooth.
- One pasta is finished cooking, add noodles to stirfry pan and top with the pineapple/soy sauce. Stir in pan for one minute; serve hot.