It’s still kind of summer, you know. In fact, it almost feels more summery now than it did in August…we had a chilly spell for a few weeks here. There were several days we wondered if it was too cold to go to the creek or pool – and it totally was.
But, now the temps are nice, and perfect for hanging out by the grill. However, it IS approaching fall, so instead of the go-to burgers or steaks of summer, I thought a little change up would be nice.
Grilled Chicken Parmesan.
Pasta to me says fall, and Chicken Parmesan is hearty…so, very fall. Super easy, and pretty darned healthy. The best part is that the kiddo loves it, as it has pasta involved, and I love it because it has chicken involved. Thanks to being on a very low carb diet, chicken and cheese have been my staples, so, I enjoyed this dish without the pasta and instead added some leafy greens. So simple and delicious!
No matter how you choose to eat it, I think you’ll enjoy the flavors and the ease of preparation. Plus, it’s a great way to stretch out the summer, and enjoy your family time together outdoors.
Grilled Chicken Parmesan
- Serves 4
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- Total Time: 20-25 minutes
- 4 Tyson® Fresh Chicken Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 16 ounces fresh or canned Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 pound prepared pasta noodles
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 6 ounces sliced fresh mozzarella
- Preheat grill to 375.
- Prepare chicken by first pounding to a uniform thickness, using a meat mallet. Season both sides of chicken with Italian seasoning, onion, and garlic powders.
- Grill chicken for 4-5 minutes, then use tongs to flip and cook an additional 5 minutes. Check for doneness; internal temperature should be a minimum 160F.
- Remove chicken from grill when done; serve over prepared pasta. Top with sauce and cheeses as desired.
Tyson® Fresh Chicken
I used Tyson Fresh Chicken in my recipe, as I was approached by the brand to create this grilling recipe. Of course, I happily agreed as I have always been a fan of Tyson. It’s a brand I know and trust, it’s always readily available here, and I know from experience it is the quality I want for my family.
Tyson Fresh Chicken is the next best thing to being fresh off the farm, (if you can even get farm fresh chicken where you live – I can not, and I live I the boonies). Why?
o It is all natural with no added hormones or steroids
o Arrives at your store fresh, delivered within days from leaving the farm
o Raised by family farmers for over 75 years.
o Each piece is hand-trimmed for convenience to save time and effort.
* Minimally processed. No artificial ingredients.
**Federal regulations prohibit the use of added hormones or steroids in chicken.
Disclaimer: As noted, this post was sponsored by Tyson Fresh Chicken. All thoughts and opinions are my own.