Know what’s coming up?
Cinco de Mayo.
Know what people love to do on Cinco de Mayo?
Spend 14 hours creating a complex and time consuming dinner. And getting root canals.
Unfortunately, this recipe is neither of those things, and yet, I am going to share it with you. You know, just in case you would like to take the short and sweet dinner route, full of incredible Mexican flavors. Literally, the pasta tastes like a spicy shrimp taco, without the taco, but with all the zip and zing you want from a fun night at your local, yet authentic cantina. Pair this fun dish with a bucket of Coronas or margaritas, and your Cinco de Mayo is a done deal.
Shrimp Pico de Gallo Penne
makes 4-6 servings
- 1 box Dreamfields Penne Pasta
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon chili powder (to taste)
- 3 ripe tomatoes, diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- salt, to taste
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- Prepare pasta according to box instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, saute onions in butter until translucent and aromatic, about 5 minutes. Add shrimp, season with chili powder, and cook until done.
- Drain cooked pasta. Add tomatoes to shrimp mixture and heat for 2 minutes. Add cooked pasta, lime juice, salt and cilantro. Stir until combined. Serve and enjoy!
I made my recipe with Dreamfields, my favorite pasta. I’ve been an ambassador for the brand for several years now (yes, years!) and I adore it. There are so many healthy aspects of it, from the extra protein to the extra fiber. And the taste?
Get all the latest information from Dreamfields at their website here. But for more, follow their tweets, posts, pins, pictures and videos for delicious recipes and helpful information. Plus, you can also get a coupon here at their site. Download it and then make this recipe!
Happy Cinco de Mayo!
Disclaimer: As mentioned, I am an ambassador for Dreamfields. All thoughts and opinions are my own.