Everyone loves spaghetti, right? And, Spaghetti and Meatballs are a traditional favorite. What about Spaghetti and Giant Meatballs? Oversized, juicy, sauce covered meatballs are exactly what you’ve been waiting for.
GIANT meatballs, where you only need one per plate. Because I know that many of you don’t have the time to make your own sauce, and some of you would also never consider NOT making your own sauce from scratch, I have left the sauce option open to your choice. It’s the meatballs that you need to recreate, and as you will see, they take no time to make or to prepare.
In about 30 minutes start to finish, you’ll have a plate full of spaghetti and giant meatballs to share with your family and friends, and you’ll wonder why you ever bought pre-made meatballs. You never will again!
Spaghetti and Giant Meatballs
1 box Spaghetti
For the Meatballs:
- 1/2 pound ground beef 85/15
- 4 ounces Ricotta cheese
- 3 ounces finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- One egg
- Salt to taste
For the sauce:
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 36 ounces of good quality no-sugar-added tomato sauce
- Salt to taste, if desired
- A pinch of sugar
- fresh basil, if desired
- Mix all of the meatball ingredients together with your hands. Divide the mix and shape 6 large meatballs.
- In a large, deep pan, melt the butter and stir in the garlic. Add the tomato sauce, salt, and sugar and place in the meatballs and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- While meatballs are cooking, prepare the spaghetti noodles according to box instructions. Drain noodles and plate as desired.
- Spoon over the sauce and meatballs and serve with a sprinkle of fresh basil, if desired.
Makes 6 servings. *To ensure meatballs are cooked through, test with an instant-read thermometer; internal temperature should be 160°F.