You know what tastes good?
Chocolate. And lots of it.
I’ll be the first one to tell you, I am not a chocolate snob. Now, don’t get me wrong, I don’t really care for the cheapity cheap Easter or Halloween candy that costs 88 cents for 15 pounds, but I’ll eat it. I’m a girl, after all.
But given the choice between a really decadent, sophisticated, ungodly expensive chocolate truffle and a Snickers or Milky Way?
I’m going grocery, baby.
But let’s say that’s not enough. Sometimes, I just can’t leave well-enough alone.
Take for example, these Molten Lava Cakes.
Milky Ways on their own, straight from the wrapper? Yum.
Milky Ways cut up and tossed into Molten Lava Cakes? Holy Candy Bar, Batman.
I suppose you could use just about any candy bar you wanted in these easy to make, quick to bake mini-cakes of oozing goodness. Personally, I am a fan of caramel, and Milky Way has a lot of it. Plus, I had a couple in my cabinet left over from some random holiday. Snickers, however, would be excellent, or 3 Musketeers, or Peppermint Patties, or Charleston Chews…
Do you like Charleston Chews? Oh man, I do. Old fashioned chocolate, chewy, sweet loving yumminess. Take a bite and yank on it with your teeth…oh my word. Haunting, is what it is. Downright haunting.
Speaking of haunting…have you ever had a dream where in it you were so happy, so at peace, and you were with a stranger? Like, you knew it was a stranger, and yet you both knew it was your destiny to be together at that time? How it was comforting to just be together? Did he have brownish blonde hair, and smell like September and Downy? Did he have grey buttons on his crisp jacket, and you just wanted to press your face to his shoulder and breathe?
I have no idea what you’re even talking about. I dream about tornados. And chocolate.
Milky Way Molten Lava Cakes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 10 tablespoons salted butter
- 8 ounces dark chocolate chips (I used Nestle)
- 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 2/3 cups Powdered Sugar
- 3 large eggs plus 3 large egg yolks
- 1 Vanilla Bean, scraped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Milky Way candy bar (regular size), chopped
- Preheat oven to 425. Spray the cups of a large Muffin Tin. I used Silicone, but any pan will do. You can also use individual ramekins, if you desire. If making more than 6 (meaning, smaller cakes) be sure to adjust the baking time.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in the microwave, 45 seconds at first, then stir. Continue to cook in 30 second increments, until chocolate and butter are smooth. Add in flour and sugar, stir. Stir in eggs. Finally, add in vanilla and stir until smooth.
- Pour into prepared baking cups. Add a few pieces of the chopped candy car to each cup. Bake for 10 minutes, until outside edges are set but middle is still a little shaky, as the cakes will continue to cook a bit out of the oven. Remove from baking pan after 5 minutes.
- Add ice cream and enjoy!
Have a great week everyone…and sweet dreams!