Have you ever just been sitting around the house and think – Man, I could go for some chocolate? No?
But, had that random scenario ever really taken place, say, on a lazy Thursday afternoon while watching back episodes of the Walking Dead, I imagine I would not only have been craving chocolate, but, more specifically, Preacher Cookies. That’s what we southern folk call no bake cookies. You know, the cocoa, peanut butter, oatmeal cookies you can throw together in about 20 minutes?
Yeah, those. I LOVE those.
And should that scenario have led me to finish episode number 11, and arise off the couch, I might have taken them a step or two farther, by adding in crushed graham crackers, chocolate chips, and umm, toasted marshmallows.
Wow, hypothetical situations make me really fat. But, I may be a genius.
Okay, yes. Yes. I. Am.
No Bake S’mores Cookies
- 2 cups sugar (I use Dixie Crystals)
- 1 stick butter
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup graham crackers, crushed
- 2 cups Instant Oats
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/3 cup milk chocolate chips (I used Hershey’s)
- 24 large marshmallows
- Bring sugar, butter, cocoa, and milk to a rolling boil for 1 minute, or use a candy thermometer and reach 205-210. (The thermometer works best for me. If you do use the boiling time, be sure to wait until the boil is ROLLING before you start timing the minute.)
- When the mixture is ready, remove from heat and add remaining ingredients (except for the marshmallows), stirring quickly before the cookies set up. Drop by tablespoon-fulls or use a springloaded cookie scoop onto parchment or wax paper. Quickly press a marshmallow into the mounded cookie; allow to cool. Toast marshmallows under oven broiler for 25-30 seconds or by using a kitchen torch. Serve and enjoy!
Have a great week everyone!