I feel kind of special here today.
Reynolds – you know – Reynolds, the people who make aluminum foil and such and have access to big foodie brains and labs and professional culinary geniuses – asked ME to make a recipe for them.
And a video. To put on Epicurious. THE Epicurious. Gasp.
I’m pretty sure they knew I was from the South, and what I look like, too. And yet, still, they asked.
So I did.
I made them a Holiday Ham, in a slow cooker. Why? because everyone knows ham just goes with the holidays, and slow cookers are the simplest set it and forget it appliance there is.
My recipe though? It’s a little unorthodox.
Everyone loves seeing ham on the holiday table, so why not deliver it with a little extra flair? The addition of citrus juices and zest in this traditional glazed ham recipe will leave your family wanting more! So much flavor, and no additional work. No one has to know how easy it was to make this recipe with a slow cooker and a slow cooker liner. Instead of having to scrub dishes after dinner, all you have to do is empty the liner and walk away. You’ll be free to spend time with the people you love.
Slow Cooker Holiday Ham
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 3-6 hours Makes: 10-12 servings
5-7 pound fully cooked ham, bone in
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 ½ teaspoons whole cloves
1 orange, zest and juice of
1 lemon, zest and juice of
1 lime, zest and juice of
1 ½ cups crushed pineapple
2 teaspoons ginger
1. LINE a 5-6-quart slow cooker with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner.
2. SPREAD brown sugar evenly across bottom of lined slow cooker.
3. ADD cloves to sugar.
4. PLACE ham in slow cooker, cut side down.
5. POUR orange, lemon, and lime juices over ham.
6. RUB all zests evenly over the ham.
7. ADD ginger to pineapples and pour over the prepared ham.
1. COVER and cook on low-heat setting for 5-6 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours.
2. CAREFULLY remove lid to allow steam to escape. Baste every 30-45 minutes, if desired. (This is optional)
3.REMOVE ham from slow cooker, top with juices, if desired.(Do not lift or transport liner with food inside.)
Save your time and energy on clean up by using a slow cooker liner for your favorite comfort foods.
Want to see me make it in a video, step by step? You can! Here.
Yes, I drawl.
Southern. It happens.
Disclaimer: As mentioned, this post is sponsored by Reynold’s. All thoughts and opinions are my own.