Remember that sweet job I have, working with Krusteaz?
Well, I’m back with a new recipe for you. And this one couldn’t be easier.
It’s finally spring here in the mountains – I’ve even seen BLOSSOMS – and there hasn’t been snow on the ground for at least a few minutes. The grass is actually green, and it is time for some fresh flavors.
Like Peaches. Like spring onions. Georgia is about to be teeming with both, and I’ve even seen some of my friends in Vidalia harvesting their onions on Facebook. It’s TIME, people. TIME. Time to make these simples and delicious flatbread recipe.
Okay, I know it sounds a little…off. But the sweetness of the peaches pairs brilliantly with the caramelized onions. These little guys are perfect for a lazy Sunday backyard picnic, or even for dinner on a Tuesday. So quick!
Give them a try and let me know what you think?
Mini Caramelized Peach & Onion Flatbreads
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: Easy
- Servings: 8
- 1 package Krusteaz Whole Wheat Flatbread Mix
- 1 cup very warm water (115-125°F)
- Peach preserves
- 2 medium golden peaches, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar, if desired
· To make the flatbreads, preheat oven to 475°F. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
Stir together flatbread mix and yeast (enclosed in box). Add warm water and oil, stirring until dough forms a ball. Cover dough and let rest 10-20 minutes.
· Shape dough by dividing into 2 equal portions. Divide each portion into 4 equal pieces, totaling 8. With floured hands, pat out dough 1/8 to 1/4 -inch thick, forming desired shape.
· While flatbreads are baking, heat peach slices and sugar over medium low heat until sugar is no longer grainy but peaches are still slightly firm, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat. In same skillet, sauté onions until caramelized and golden, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
· Bake 4-6 minutes or until slightly brown. Remove from oven and top with peach preserves, prepared peaches, onions, and goat cheese. Return to oven for 5 minutes. Remove and drizzle with the balsamic vinegar. Serve and enjoy!
Disclaimer: I am a member of the Krusteaz Bakers Dozen, and as such am compensated for my time in recipe development. All thoughts and opinions are my own.