It’s hard for me to believe that football season is already coming to an end…it seems the cool fall air and tailgates just started, but here we are, smack in the middle of winter, the holidays over, and the New Year in full swing. I’m thrilled to be working again this year with Forward Influence, and luckily, they’ve partnered with Avocados From Mexico, TABASCO® Brand, and RITAS and asked me to share a new party recipe for Avocado Chicken Salad Pinwheels with you!
So that brings me back to my opening question.
Are you ready for the Big Game?
It seems that every year I am more and more impressed by the blogs I read offering up amazing recipes for the parties they are hosting or attending. Whether they are fans of football, fans of parties, or just plain fans of the commercials, the foods they are creating always look incredibly delicious. One of the best parts? They seem to be EASY. Quick to throw together, quick to eat, and quick to clean up. THAT, my friend, is a winning recipe, and perfect for watching a great game.
Avocado Chicken Salad Pinwheels
This recipe is all of that, and more.
Avocado Chicken Salad Pinwheels are a breeze to make, and it’s possible you even have all of the ingredients on hand. If not, a quick trip to the grocery store will have you deep in deliciousness in no time. Be sure to pick up a pack of RITAS while you are there – Lime-A-Rita, whether straight from the can or chilled over ice make a fun, festive addition to any party! We love the fruity fizz they offer!
But what exactly IS an Avocado Chicken Salad Pinwheel, you ask?
It’s a party in a bite.
Avocados will make this recipe so versatile, and they are so healthy and delicious (plus, Avocados From Mexico are always in season!) – you’ll love the flavor and wonder how you never thought of adding it to your chicken salad before. Fresh avocado, mashed together with pulled or shredded chicken breast, a bit of mayonnaise, corn, some seasonings, cilantro, and of course, TABASCO® Sauce for a little heated kick, all wrapped up in a flour tortilla and sliced for finger food ease. Think the best chicken salad you’ve ever had, but in bite sized perfection. We adore how a simple ingredient like TABASCO® Sauce offers more flavor and spice to this easy dish – in fact, if you need more heat, just keep the bottle on hand for guests to add as much as they like to each bite! Savor winning flavors!
- 2 Ripe Avocados From Mexico, mashed
- 4 Tbsps mayonnaise
- 2 tsps TABASCO® Sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 – 12 oz can sweet corn, drained
- 1 pound shredded chicken breast
- 6 – 8 inch flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Combine mashed avocados, mayonnaise, TABASCO® Sauce, salt, and garlic in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Once combined, add corn and chicken. Spread evenly onto all 6 flour tortillas; top with chopped cilantro.
- Roll tortillas into a cylinder. Allow to chill for around 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Slice each tortilla into 1/2 inch pinwheels. Serve chilled.
Love Avocados? Us, too! Luckily, I have four other recipes to share with you, courtesy of Avocados From Mexico and these other great bloggers! Check out their posts here for even more Big Game Deliciousness!
Loaded Avocado Fries from AttaGirlSays
Chipotle Pepper Guacamole Dip from Today’s Creative Life
Shrimp Nachos from Sunny Sweet Days
Buffalo Chicken Avocado Toast Bites from Dukes and Duchesses
Find out more about the products used in this post here:
Avocados From Mexico
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/avocadosfrommexico/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/avocadosfrommexico/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvosfromMexico
- Website: www.avocadosfrommexico.com/big-game/lets-pawty/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TABASCOUS/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/TABASCO/
- Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/TABASCO/
- Website: www.tabasco.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RITAS
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ritas/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheRITAS
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/ritas/
- Website: https://www.theritas.com/
How does a $1000 Giveaway sound? Enter here for your chance to win!
Disclaimer: As mentioned, this post was sponsored by the Mom It Forward Influencer Network, Avocados From Mexico, TABASCO® Brand, and RITAS. All thoughts and opinions are my own.